Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Backing Tracks

Thumbs up Backing Tracks

Hi Guys!

My first post here!

I been visiting this site for a while now and I think It's one of the guitar sites on the www.

Now, where do you guys find backing tracks, I have some nice ones but I'm always looking for more..

So let's help each other.

post da links!!

This is a great question - does anyone have any answers?

Thanks

What exactly are you looking for? MIDI? MP3? WAV? what styles?
    If your goal is to improvise I suggest you get a good synth card and Band In a Box Software. Otherwise if you want MIDI track to songs you like search for them on the Web. I usually make my own tracks.
    "Listen to the Spaces Between the sounds."
    Hidden Content

For jazz backing tracks there's Jamey Aebersold books. Fantastic product.

For rock backing tracks, I dunno, why not bang sticks on a cow skull and grunt, or whatever it is you people do?

NO, JUST KIDDING... I'm NOT a jazz snob, honest.

For rock tracks I'm sure there are resources I don't know about (Jam Trax?). Both Guitar Techniques magazine and Total Guitar magazine have a variety of backing tracks in rock/pop/metal/funk styles. Both are brit mags, so to get them in the US you have to find a magazine stand with int'l magazines such as is found in Barnes & Noble.

Finally, I don't know where you are with your own improvisation/soloing, but for workshopping ideas I think Band in a Box type music generating software is _invaluable_. Yeah, the sound quality is pretty bleak, and computer generated music's lack of feel is so extreme it's depressing... but for laboratory-type figuring out of sounds and ways to approach soloing, BIAB is just awesome. I personally have taught myself soooooo much thru using simple computer music loops and then testing out my own cockamamie ideas of 'how-music-works' with them.

Total Guitar

Aebersold

Band in a Box

More jam tracks, mostly jazz, some pop <----- ooop, this site used to offer all these tracks free... now I see that you have to be a member (I'm assuming that costs something) ... oh well. They are total BIAB type tracks, certainly not worth paying for.

Here's some more stuff I just found surfin:
    Weird groover with some tracks

Eureka, Vee haf zinthezized an "Anti-Funk" compound, mit zis I vill destroy my nemesis, George Clinton unt his P-Funk allstars: - No funk here Metal quick time midi files by a dutch a guy

These jamtracks KICK (well, at least the one I checked out did...) This is what America wants:
    Bluesblast

Have fun,
    doug.
    Last edited by Doug McMullen; 04-16-2003 at 04:08 AM.

Laiho's heir guitarist wild_child's Avatar
    wow, thats pretty impressive.
    "any song you want" seems a bit ambitious though... maybe i'll put them to the test and see if they can get me backing tracks for some lamb of god songs
    "Remember, it's all good, everything goes and there ain't no damned rules or boundaries. So get off! Tear it a fresh ***, tear it hard, rip gaping holes in it! Make tracks, leave marks!

"forever stronger than all" - Dimebag Darrell

Hey Mike, use the forums search option, theres been a couple other threads like this one where many good links have turned up.

hope this helps,

Damn, if they can get you some lamb of god backing tracks, let me know! hahah

Backing Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi Guys!

My first post here!

I been visiting this site for a while now and I think It's one of the guitar sites on the www.

Now, where do you guys find backing tracks, I have some nice ones but I'm always looking for more..

So let's help each other.

post da links!!
    www.coffeebreakgrooves.com have some really cool 15 minute backing tracks all recorded with real musicianns

Backing tracks

Backing tracks according to your wishes. Various styles, such as musical, country, pop and rock, etc. Any keys, instrumentation and tempo.

www.backingtrackforsingers.com

Backing Tracks

If you are into The Shadows type of music try this excellent site, OH AND ITS FREE. http://goran.tangring.com
    Best wishes
    butchthedog
    aka Dave

Recently found this site for backing tracks - its pretty good.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

I know a lot of people just go to youtube and write backing track and jamtrack. Try that. Also I used to go to a site called guitarBT.com
    Get your FREE 2 hour shred guitar course at http://www.thesecretsofshredguitar.com

A great resource for tracks is at Free Guitar Videos. Best of luck.

Backing tracks according to your wishes. Various styles, such as musical, country, pop and rock, etc. Any keys, instrumentation and tempo.

http://www.btfs.eu