Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New metallica album

Mod

New metallica album

who will pick up the new metallica album when it comes out.

p.s no negative comments please if you say yes you can elaborate, if you say no don't say "because they sold out!!" or somthing of that nature, reasonable explaintions please. Nothing related to napster or anything of the like. Please

I will, unless itīs SOLD OUT already... LOL, just kidding !
    Nah, years ago I was a big Metallica-fan, and I have all their studio-albums. I am sure gonna check out the new one... Itīs gonna be interesting to see what they came up with this time...
    Eric

Hey guys (yeah I'm still alive just haven't been posting much lately), I'm interested as well as to what the new album will sound like, I'll definately be checking it out.

I've heard they are going to go heavy again, makes no difference to me as I dig both old and new metallica.

What's up?

If you check out their website they have this little clip of the band jamming together...at the very end they played this very short piece that's gonna be on their new ablum...about 10 secs...some sort of riff...

-Beast

Mod
    thanks for the i nfo I'm looking for the clip now

I had a close eye on Metallica since they came out with 'Kill 'em all' and I will definitely give a listen to the new one .....

I am looking forward to it. Garage, inc was unimpressive since I have garage days and as much as I liked S&M, one new song an album does not make. Is it supposed to be all new?
    -Daniel M. Lynn
    Super Genius

AFAIK, itīs supposed to be all new stuff. Yeah, itīs been awhile since they released new songs ( Well, ok, "No Leaf Clover", that other song from "S&M" and "I Disappear" were new, but I mean a whole new album )....
    I heard itīs supposed to be really heavy, and obviously those guys used 7-string-guitars quite a bit this time...

Just like Guni, I have been following their career for a while now... I remember buying an EP ( 6 Tracks, incl. "Creeping Death", "Am I Evil", "Blitzkrieg" and some fake live-songs ) in the late 80s. Immediately bought "Kill Em All", "Ride The Lightning" and MOP.
    I bought every album they released after that, and I really think the black album was awesome.
    I didnīt care too much for "Load" & "Reload"... not because of the big change of outfit and style, the music just wasnīt quite "my cup of tea". I liked some of the tracks though ( "Memory Remains" and some others ).

Theyīre really a force, did a lot for heavy music, and Iīll sure check out what they come up with next...
    Eric

Mod
    FYI james has a new signature guitar called the "grynch" looks pretty cool and if I'm not mistaken its a baritone. maybe they recorded with a seven string but wanted the feel of a six???!!?? only I can come up with. I'll be there the first day to get it.

Actually, it would make a lot of sense if it is a baritone. We had discussed the 7string-business a while ago.
    The thing is, unless a 7 string has a longer scale ( some of the Ibanez 7 strings do have that, I heard ), the B-string usually lacks punch and / or definition.
    The neck simply is not long enough for such a low note / thick string.
    So, for those low notes, Iīd prefer either a 7 string with a longer scale / neck, or a baritone guitar... ( I heard George Lynch uses one a lot too, these days )
    Eric

Mod
    yea I need to check out some of georges stuff. I might buy a cheap seven string this summer, just to goof around on

What's up?

I thought this is kinda interesting...Robert Trujillo left Ozzy to join Metallica and Jason Newsted has join Ozzy as his new bassist.

-Beast

NP:-Metallica:Load

I will pick it up. I love all of Metallica's albums EQUALLY. God I love load...
    http://www.metalmessiah.com/

Mod
    yea I remember watching enter sandman when I was younger and thinking damn thats a cool video theres nothing about that video that isn't awesome. And I didn't really pay attention to who was who in music, I knew I liked it, but that video always seemed cool, then when I found out who metallica was it was all down hill from there, I was, am hooked. Anything they play I'm sure I'll like, or atleast hope so anyways, I like when bands change things up a bit, bands that keep it the same don't really last that long, atleast in my opinion anyways I kinda forgot what I was talking about. I may reply again later, because I've forgotten I've written this

Mod
    oh btw I didn't think that was true about jason, but I checked on it, awesome, Ozzy is awesome, a bit burnt as we all can see now. But awesome non the less. And so is metallica. Told ya I'd reply again I forgot why I was replying in the first place. Heh heh