Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
  • Recent Activity

GWelch

I practice guitar for 20 years and learned nothing. Help me restart.

Thread Starter: GWelch

I took classes, I got some private instruction and I studied technique. I learned to play some songs, note by note but had zero sense of rhythm. No sense of the real music in the sound I was playing. After 20 years of frustration I gave my guitars away. That was 5 years ago. Today a guitar...

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:00 PM Go to last post
    dwest2419

how to determine chords from a melody?

Thread Starter: dwest2419

Hi guys back with another thread. From my previous thread called:"How to Memorize at Hearing Intervals" I learned a lot about how the intervals their names and how songs are created using intervals, and determine to if a interval is minor second or major second, minor third in a song. Now that...

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    bluecollarman

building dexterity and hand strength

Thread Starter: bluecollarman

What are some good methods to use to build finger dexterity and hand strength? I found a book called "Finger Fitness™: The Art of Finger Control " by Greg Irwin. Have any of seen it, used it, recommend it?

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:04 PM Go to last post
    C.W

When looking for a guitar tutor...

Thread Starter: C.W

I'm currently on the hunt for a local electric guitar tutor. I've seen a couple that seem quite interesting, and teach alternative/rock/punk which are the genres I'm interested in, but I have no idea what I should really be looking for. I'm 28 and most definitely a "beginner" and, whilst I have...

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    cedricdb

Which one to begin: electric or bass guitar?

Thread Starter: cedricdb

Hi there, Let me first introduce myself. I'm Cedric and live in Belgium. I've been playing and studying music since I was 8. I'm currently following classical piano, jazz piano and chamber music courses, but I also studied keyboard, violin, oboe, music culture and music theory. Next year I want...

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:03 PM Go to last post
    Robxx

Buying a new guitar

Thread Starter: Robxx

Hi all, not only have I relatively recently started playing guitar but I am the rhythm guitarist/lead singer of a band. I am in desperate need of an electric guitar that can handle all spectrums of the indie genre, from vibing hooks to thrashing chord sequences and should also look very sexy....

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:02 PM Go to last post
    Blanche_Minim

What's wrong with my Muscle Memory?

Thread Starter: Blanche_Minim

This topic is about playing large and difficult chords and changing chords on the guitar and piano. I have a Beginning Jazz Guitar Book by Jody Fisher and I am going to quote him right now. "...Some Classical Guitar instructors teach that these movements should be learned like a...

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:06 PM Go to last post
    dwest2419

Classical music theory notation for chord inversions

Thread Starter: dwest2419

Hi guys? I was trying to find (and I'm not sure if this is correct but) classical music theory notation for chord inversions? For instance, in classical music harmony analysis, how would the I chord be written in 1st and 2nd inversion?

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 07:59 PM Go to last post
    DavesGuitarLess

Beginners Blues rhythm guitar - ideal first guitar lesson

Thread Starter: DavesGuitarLess

Good day all. New lesson this week looking at beginners first guitar lesson. How to play the blues with your first 3 chords. Very simple first lesson with a lot of resources available in the description box. Have a lovely day all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGBLtdw208A&feature=youtu.be

Last Post By: barryallen1337 Today, 08:03 PM Go to last post