PDA

View Full Version : Arabian bass solo

satch_master
11-12-2005, 11:55 AM
:D Hi. Well this isn't really arabic, pretty far from it, but it utilises the harmonic minor scale in the key of C. The bass rhythm just plays the constant C note , simple, but it keeps time as there are no drums in this.
The solo is just a few licks i made up and some improvisation. Hope you like it. :D Why would anyone need a guitar when you can do the same thing on bass...there is no limit... chords, solos, even shred! :D :D :D

satch_master
11-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh and while i'm at it i will upload a little diitty thing i made up on bass several months ago, with lots of reverb and pedal notes, it definately has the arab taste in it! i actually prefer it more than my new one i just made. Sounds more authentic with the reverb effects and it just has alot of character to it. You be the judge.

I really want to get more people active in the bass section of IBM, sadly, it is often overlooked in a sea of guitar players out there. :(

Apple-Joe
11-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Strange backing. But my general impression of the recording is good. I really liked some parts. Refreshing listening. A few fast passages toward the end which also worked.

UKRuss
11-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Nice scale choice Satch.

A-J, deleted your duplicate threads for you.

kovu
11-27-2005, 10:25 AM
I agree Bass Rules I shred alll the time on bass

kovu
11-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Awesome scaley thing it is I thought but stuff like that confuses me I just play and play i do with the everything you can do on bass all in one riffy tune thing

yey