PDA

View Full Version : Finding band members to jam

Madaxeman
09-28-2005, 08:46 AM
It has been a long time since I have been in a band. I am married, and have a full time job. All my connections to the music world are gone. I just want to find a few people to jam with, and maybe start playing a few gigs down the road.
It seems like a silly question, but how would be the best way to go about finding like minded musicians?
I don't want to approach it as an interview type proccess, so I figure being very precise in what I am looking for will help.
I guess for now, I would like to find another guitar player to jam with, similar to what happens here with the strictlies, so we could help each other improve in real time and have some fun.
I am looking at improving myself as a musician and having some fun playing the types of music I like. Long gone are my teenage illusions of being famous!
Any suggestions would help.
(also, if there is anyone else in the Bozeman MT area, it would be helpfull)
Thanks

Malcolm
09-28-2005, 04:11 PM
A couple of my friends take lessons from the same instructor. They get together several times a month for a jamm session. Works out very well as the instructor is taking them all down the same basic road.

Might ask around music store's back rooms and see where it takes you.

Los Boleros
09-28-2005, 06:35 PM
If you live in the USA, your best bet is Craigslist.com

Go there and place a free add. You can be very specific in what you want. I have had great success with this.

Madaxeman
09-29-2005, 04:01 AM
I'll be sure to check Craigslist.com out. Thanks.

whopwooper
10-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I Know this Problem well living in the country....is at times so utterly helpless....1st of all I'd find music lovers folks who are passionate about music
prepared to learn and play an intrument...Most music shops have pretty organized music boards int the net for folks looking for folks :Of course musos looking for musos......I'm at the point of trying to find a new band and sadly ditch the one I'm in ......But hey I'm getting away from your question.....
TRy not tom judge who you try to play with to quickly as although they may like a certain kind of music...from you,... if your lucky...they are open minded and will give anything a go;)