PDA

View Full Version : My second ever piece of music - Judgement needed

Black-Mantra
09-22-2005, 01:43 PM
HI, I present to you my very second ever piece of music. I deliberately playing slow stuff so I can concentrate on sound, Im trying to stop playing like Yngwie, coz It sucks, as everyone keeps saying to me. Well, ill leave you to judge for yourself, I hope you like it, please give me as much advice as possible on how to improve it and whatnot, thanks guys.

Black-Mantra
09-23-2005, 12:39 AM
ok, perhaps its a bit too boring. Im not used to doing accoustic stuff, so if it is very boring or to predictable then its because Im in unchartered territory. How would you guys have approach something like this? Anything that I should be doing differently? Should I try more exotic sounds? Is it too slow/fast? hows about the bass notes, am i controlling them well enough? That is something that I was trying to do in particular. I dont know anymore than going by ear for this, so any tips here would be great, someone out there must be an ace with tips, or even just an opinion, if you think it sicks then Im ok with that, as long as you say why. Well, Im going to bed before I start babbling again, lol.

peace out

Madaxeman
09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I think this piece is very good. How long have you been playing? I don't think it is boring at all, my head started buzzing with melodies to play over it. If you don't mind, can I take the piece and play around with it? I would like to send some of my ideas back to you.
You have great technique, playing like this it won't be long before you can step up to a faster speed. (maybe not Yngwie speed for awhile, but that's a lofty goal for most anyone!)
What did you use to record this? It is a nice sound.

Black-Mantra
09-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Hi

That means alot, I would be previlaged for you to be using it. I have been playing for about four years, it's only very recently that I have started to write my own stuff, I was inspired by the song Killer of Giants by Ozzy Osbourne to do some accoustic stuff, to be honest I have developed quite an appetite for this kind of style, Im so bored of the shred era that I need something melodic to concentrate on, lol. So I want to work on rhythm and chords now. Unfortunately I dont have recording equipment so I put down my stuff onto Powertab editor and convert it to MIDI, this one actually sounds very close to how it sounds when I play it, but it sounds poor when you try to emulate distortion. Very soon however, I will be getting equipment and software to do this so you will be able to hear me straight up as I am, which Im really exited about.

October Flower
09-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I like it. I just wish it were longer. :D lol
Very good. Thats very good for a second piece...my second piece...well was the biggest piece of crap on this earth..aside from my first...lol :) Good job

Madaxeman
09-24-2005, 05:52 AM
I can hear the "Killer of Giants" inspiration now that you mention it. I always really liked that song. I have gotten tired of the shredding stuff too. Nothing new under the sun there, it seems. I have just started getting into Jazz to open new doors. I would reccomend Al DiMeola to try out. I just bought his album "Flesh on Flesh" and am completely blown away. I've been listening to metal a long time, and I still like it, but that ground has been covered thoroughly. So, for me it is like driving the same road over and over. With the new stuff I'm getting into, it's like going somewhere I've never been, and all the twists and turns are unexpected and refreshing.
Anyway, hope you get the gear soon. I would like to hear more of your stuff. I have one recording on this site under the Strictly Dorian thread. It's on the last page. Me playing out of time (D,Oh!) over UKRuss' cool backing track.
Catch you later BM.

Black-Mantra
09-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Ill check it out now.