PDA

View Full Version : do u think my band have enough potential to make it

Gdude2
09-10-2005, 11:43 AM
my band havoka have made a new demo with two songs winter's knight and black stallions recorded well (left in me is still in poor quality though). I want to know if u guys think my bands music is good and if this two track demo will ready to send off (the only problems is we had to use a drum machine cause we had no drum mics). Keep in mind it was all home recorded on an 8 track

check it out at http://www.purevolume.com/havokauk

Madaxeman
09-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Just listened to the 3 songs. "Winter's Knight" is pretty tight and melodic. For just an 8 track at home, the production value is very good. The part at 3:20 has a very early Metallica feel...(it's a compliment).
As far as me (or anyone) saying whether or not you will "make it" is too subjective. Who could ever know that at this stage? I personally think you guys have more music ability than The Strokes and bands like them! But, again, that is highly subjective-their fans might skewar me!
All I can say is keep playing, learning, getting as good as you can. Perseverance can make all the difference in the world. So can taking advantage of every opportunity, and being in the right place at the right time. (by the way, that place is never your garage or room) ;)
Good Luck

Black-Mantra
09-24-2005, 11:56 AM
I really want to hear it but the link is dead, for me anyway. It doesnt play anything.

October Flower
09-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Well...

1. Winters Knight. I knew every note that was coming in the intro. Somewhat predictable, now this is only bad news if you dont wanna be predictable. In my opinion. It was a good predictable and if you guys had an awesomly recorded cd. I would buy it.
2. Recordings & Vocals: Now, I understand the recordings arent the best due to the lack of an amazing studio and godlike engineers. But I dont like the vocals that good. The guitars...and the drum parts are pretty awesome. I just dont like the vocals, I cant tell if its the melody that really bugs me or the vocal. But you guys are good instrumentally. I really like what I could hear of the solo in Winter's Knight. And I think if you send a demo to a record company (Now, I really dont mean just one, id send it to alot) that youd get offers. Cuz ive heard many MANY bands that have and have not record labels. And you guys whipe most of the ones who do off the table. I really like your music.

Now im going to listen to Black Stallions. The intro is similar to the one on Winters Knight, if your going to send a demo...make sure the third song (Assuming youve kept the A&R attention to the third song) (They are picky basterds) doesant have the same type intro :) Just a bit of my advice. But i like what it progresses into, until the vocals.. (again sorry mr.vocals) Sounds like some Testament or Metallica. Something I notice about your solos/intervals of music, the excessive use of a single picked note...assuming. (Now this is just a guess) The outro to Black Stallion goes...something like this...
E-- 15---17--19--17--15- Etc. Ya... Stuff like that

And btw hope Left In Me is a joke. The vocals...dont agree with me at ALL. And I would never listen to that.

In my conclusion (Hoping you followed my before hand explanation) I believe you guys will "make it".

Gdude2
10-09-2005, 07:40 PM
thanks for the comments guys I might jus try and send of the demo and see what response i get it's jus i don't want to give give my band a bad name in the record industry.

as for black mantra try our other site www.myspace.com/havoka2 (http://www.myspace.com/havoka2)