PDA

View Full Version : time for a time upgrade

rythmicillusion
08-27-2005, 04:23 AM
Hey All-

Currently, i have a Boss DB-66 Metronome. I like it to a big extent...in addition to tempo and a few different time signatures, it has a mixer that controls different subdivisions...8th notes, triplets, 16th note upbeats. It also has a good tone and fader style volume control, so i can play fairly loud and still hear it, or have it quiet enough for afterhours practice (like before/after this post).

However, I've come to a point where I want to start practicing some pretty out there patterns, and a drum machine or advanced metronome will help. Im looking for something in the $150-250 range...any suggestions?

silent-storm
08-27-2005, 08:06 AM
I don't have any suggestions, but maybe you can help me out.

I'm looking for something that has a very large range, say 10bpm all the way up to the 3-400bpm range. I can't really take price into consideration because I've never even seen a metronome that goes below 40bpm, but I know they exist, or atleats I've heard legends.

So if anyone out there knows of something, or if in your search you happen across something that just has a huge range let me know. I don't care about patterns or time signitures, I just need a really fast tick and a really slow tick.

oRg
08-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, this is where counting comes into place. All you need is a steady tempo beat. Let's say 150 bpm at 8th note pulses. What you do is play 2 note per pulse, accenting the first note, but then on the 8th pulse you play 2 notes but you accent the 2 note. This will give you a feel of polyrhythms. You'll be playing a 17/16 over a 4/4 which can add a little spice to a song. You can do the same thing with a 9/8, and various others. You can practice thing by creating drum tracks with Fruity Loops or something and then playing them back and looping them and just playing to them. I used to do this all the time with Fruity Loops.