PDA

View Full Version : mp3 player suitable for transcribing

DepressedNazgul
08-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey... I'm going to be away from my computer for the next long period, so I need to be able to transcribe music when I'm with my acoustic guitar.
I was going to buy an iPod, but then I thought about all those music slowing softwares - I could really use an HD mp3 player that has such options as slowing down music (without changing pitch), or equalizer.

Do you know of such a device? (or a device that has add-ons like that)

It would be a great help... :)

dusura
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
ma nishma?

the best devices I have seen are at http://www.reedkotler.com but they are pretty expensive and don't have much memory so no good for being away from computer for a long time. I have the software version which is pretty good.

Tascam have a product called GT1(?) but it is CD based and I don't know that it is any good.

I don't think what you want exists unfortunately. :( If someone knows different please tell us - I will buy one.

yalla bye

UKRuss
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
I think Zoom do a little kinda portable digi 4 track but I dont know what features it has in terms of slow down etc.

silent-storm
08-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Is it really necessary to slow down stuff at this moment? Because once you get back to being able to use a computer you can do it for free with window's media player. So I'd suggest saving the money and doing it for free once you get back to your computer.

Plus, if you have a slowing device all the time it is very easy to become dependant on it.

mattblack850
08-19-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't know of any MP3 HD or other devices that slow MP3s down, but Tascam do the CD GT1 which is a phrase trainer/Jam Station which works from CDs.

Don't know whether that's any use to you or not.

L' Zep
08-20-2005, 12:20 AM
I can change the playback speed on my Iriver H120, but not by much and the pitch is changing so.... But maybe if you check out one of their newer players

LarryJ
08-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Well, you can get a microphone with an ipod and record to it I believe, which is a pretty cool feature. I dont believe anything like what you want exists, but what you COULD do, is just get some software at home and then slow the tracks down on your computer. The tracks can then be be saved as mp3's, and you can just throw those onto any mp3 player and you can listen to them whenever you want.