PDA

View Full Version : getting the musical juices happening

7_stringa
01-18-2003, 09:51 AM
everyone i need to work on my musical soul

and can i have some advice kind of thing

like not only what to do
but how to doo it and what the best ways of dooing this are
i know somehting along the lines of work on your musical ear and sing the solo before you play it

and things like that but how do i work on my musical ear and if i sing the solo befor i play it it still duznt sound the same

etc etc
so can i have some pointers and tips from sum ppl plz

the1andonly
01-18-2003, 08:54 PM
work on your ear training and transcribing. and just stay focused on the melodies and the message you want to get across.

szulc
01-18-2003, 10:46 PM
try practicing playing what u sing.

7_stringa
01-19-2003, 12:09 AM
how do i work on my ear?

and how do i use my ear in practise??

szulc
01-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Solfege to work on your ear.
Practice playing what you sing to practice using your ear.

7_stringa
01-19-2003, 12:59 AM
ok

but there is no specially designed guitar excersize or nething

just try and work on it yourself?

ok

szulc
01-19-2003, 01:35 AM
Learn the major scale by scale degree ( I mean know where in each pattern you play the second or third... is). Now apply the rule to lower the seventh tone 1/2 step to become the scale starting on the original fourth note, now renumber every thing to match your new root and do it again. COntinue this process until you have played through all 12 keys.
Do the same thing by raising the fourth tone 1/2 step then the fifthe note becomes the new root, renumber and continue until you cycle through all 12 keys.

Do this within a span of 5 frets say open to fifth fret , then repeat from 2nd to 7th fret, 4th to 9th etc...

When you can do this in your sleep you can start lowering the third to make the melodic minor or raising the fifth to make the relatve harmonic or raise the root to make the dorian mode into the melodic minor.

7_stringa
01-19-2003, 01:38 AM
ok im working on it

but i wanna record my song first

szulc
01-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Apply the above concept and the contents of the following thread
http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1637#post1637

szulc
01-19-2003, 03:05 AM
This is a graphical representation of the idea I was talking about.
The trick is to learn it in terms of the scale degrees and to understand how to alter the degrees to change keys.
The things to keep in mind here:
In the first diagram the blue notes are raised 4ths in this new scale the old 5th ( which I have labeled as 5 because I am using the old numbers which came from the middle diagram) becomes the new root so all the numbers would change accordingly.(Lydian from original root)
Similarly, in the third diagram the green notes are the lowered 7ths and the old 4th tone (labeled as 4) will become the new root.(Mixolydian from original root)
To use the 'Speaking in tongues ideas' you would move up or down more than 1 fifth which would be moving in thirds or seconds or some other non-perfect interval, and it would cause you to change more than 1 note. For instance raising 4 and 1, 1/2 step would result in the 2nd tone becoming the new root (Locrian mode from #1) or lowering 7 and 3, 1/2 step would result in b7 becoming the new root (Dorian mode from original root).

The other thing to keep in mind is that you should learn these ideas within a position, then move to other positions. I have only shown the whole octave as a reference.

EXCEL the swiss army knife of data manipulation!

szulc
01-20-2003, 02:21 AM
I am surprised nobody gave me %$^& about that one!
The first gif said lowered 5th on the bottom!

7_stringa
01-20-2003, 04:03 AM
dats sposed 2 b lowered 7th right

mixolyidian dominant and lowerd 7th?

szulc
01-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Apparently the browser caches these images, because one of my machines shows the old one and the other shows the new one.

szulc
01-20-2003, 11:55 AM
In explorer, Go to tools/internet options/general/general tab and click on delete files in temporary internet files, then reload this page.

7_stringa
01-20-2003, 01:42 PM
did it

beaut