PDA

View Full Version : Rivalry

Da Hobo King
06-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Rivalry-Watz wiv it?
I left my ex band 'cos our uther guitarist and i had this weird rivalry ting goin on. He had a very different style to mine. i am a shredder and he waz a muse fan...nuff sed.
How du u get rid of this tension and get on wiv uther musicians?

phantom
06-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi Hobo,

Welcome to iBreathe!

I strongly suggest reading the Forums Rules & Guidelines here! here (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/forumrules.php?)
Especially the part about signatures and about doing your best in terms of using correct grammar and spelling.

Thanks a lot.

Los Boleros
06-22-2005, 02:59 AM
Rivalry-Watz wiv it?
I left my ex band 'cos our uther guitarist and i had this weird rivalry ting goin on. He had a very different style to mine. i am a shredder and he waz a muse fan...nuff sed.
How du u get rid of this tension and get on wiv uther musicians?I think Muse is a fine band. They give their rock a bit of Bach flavor and seem to do it in a very tasty way. Some of their stuff (especialy vocal harmonies) is quite Beatleish. It's too bad you could not work it out. :(

Mateo150
06-22-2005, 04:37 AM
Rivalry-Watz wiv it?
How du u get rid of this tension and get on wiv uther musicians?

well, don't know muse, but I like the Beatles and Bach so I can relate to that situation. Why try to play with people who are nothing like you, I mean, if you speak chinese and I speak english, there isn't much point in us trying to have a conversation. I play a lot of blues type of forms, if by happenstance I end up playing with someone who wants to shred non-stop over 12 bars, and comps with single note lines, I get irritated. Its not really a rivalry issue unless you see it that way, its a matter of taste. Seeing as your tastes are so very different, no point in trying to make that work.