PDA

View Full Version : Buying new keyboard tones

SostenutO
04-10-2005, 09:53 PM
What can I buy so I can give my keyboard more tones?

I have midi in and out on it so I can hook it up to my computer.

=Bob=
04-10-2005, 11:11 PM
There's alot of info available using the link below. Look up your instrument and see. Also check the manufacturer's website.
http://www.harmony-central.com/Synth/
=Bob=

SostenutO
04-10-2005, 11:47 PM
thx for the site.

maybe it was there, but I couldn't find it but I want to know also how you use expansion boards. Do you have to take apart the keyboard and pop it into some slot (similar to putting new memory into a computer)? If so, do all keyboards have this feature? I have a CASIO PX-300. It has MIDI aswell. Someone said you could also buy MIDI Sound Modules that plug right into the MIDI slots. But I think that is more expensive.

Yeah, so I just need to know basically how expansion boards work and how to set them up. Any other information regarding Expansion Bpards and geting additional tones for keyboards would be great.

=Bob=
04-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Harmony Central has forums properly dedicated to the subjects you are interested in. I can't do more than that, it would pretty much be off-topic for this forum...
=Bob=

SostenutO
04-11-2005, 02:03 AM
ok ty, I prob just didn't look hard enough lol, just took a quick peek before

SostenutO
04-11-2005, 02:16 AM
I checked out the forums and stuff, but it doesn't tell you how to use this stuff. Do all keyboards have a slot for expansion boards? Because the modules are so much more expensive than those. I don't want to spend $700 on a module, I'd just buy a whole new keyboard.