PDA

View Full Version : How to get better at Piano

sixstrings121
04-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Hey guys, Kinda of a broad question here, but what should I practise in order to get better at playing piano? I know HOW to play it, I just am not ver good at it :p . Like I know all the notes and everything and I've just transfered my music theory from guitar to it. But how should I get better, like what should I practise? I can't read bass clef, but I can read treble fairly well, just not complex rythems. Like if its straight eights or striaght 16ths or quarters for a while I can do it, its just when they start getting mixed up that I get lost. Like I have no idea how to read a 16 followd by an 8th then back to a 16th. lol Stuff like that. So what should I practise? Any good FREE sites?

Thanks in advance

Mateo150
04-06-2005, 04:51 AM
I suggest the Hanon exercises doing them with proper technique... Bob posted a link to them in the sticky for this forum. To develop some arm coordination, since the hannon exercises don't really focus on that, I'd suggest some simple Joplin or even Minute I by Bach, something with a consistant left hand motion that requires you to jump across keys.

=Bob=
04-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Mateo has it, get some Joplin. Fun too!
=Bob=