PDA

View Full Version : Proper fingerings

Amadeus
04-03-2005, 01:25 AM
I need some help with fingerings. In my piano lessons everything we did was in 5 finger positions, I rarely had to move my right hand from where it was at the start of whatever it was I was playing(only took a few lessons). So anyway, now Im trying to learn all these Children of Bodom and Sonata Arctica songs and the biggest problem I'm having is figuring out what fingers I should be using to play any given part of the songs(The songs require a bit more position changes than Mary Had a Little Lamb :p). Also, anything involving more than two or three black keys is usually extra frustrating for me, heheh.
So if someone could set me straight on that issue I'd really appreciate it.

----

I'm learning Downfall by Children of Bodom(well, parts of it atleast). I was wonderin' if someone could verify that I'm using the proper fingers for these arpeggios(see attached powertab file :p)

K, I use tha same fingering for each arpeggio. Left hand: pinky, index, thumb; Right hand: thumb, middle, ring finger

Mateo150
04-03-2005, 01:54 AM
this is what I was taught.

Amadeus
04-03-2005, 02:24 AM
Thanks alot for the help. I was pretty sure I wasn't doing it correctly(being as I really have no clue what I'm doing :p). I guess have more to learn and to practice than I thought :O

ergghh, I just looked at live video of this song and it looks like he plays it all with his right hand :O Perhaps I should spend some time learning the rules and techniques before attempting songs, I don't want to develope any bad habits or anything.