PDA

View Full Version : synth bass

satch_master
03-29-2005, 10:22 AM
i really dig that 80's disco synth bass sounds. are there any effect pedals that can get this electronic syth bass sound. i know keyboards do the job.
thanx.

ashc
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
check out ehx.com (try the mp3 for: qtron, micro synth and bass micro synth)

EDIT: Damn, I answered a gear question... don't forget not allowed!

whopwooper
04-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Satch man SYNDNIEE fella:)
I love bass sounds .....I got me self a roland XP80 and was advised to get a bass and drumms Extension card....Cos I loves Synth Bass..The sounds on it just blew me away I love to design and mix bass sounds....I know it's a geer Junkie thing but if you cann get a listen to those Bass sounds on that Bass N drums card...thery are
wicked...............So you'll still be wearing a T-shirt in late Autumn?????

satch_master
04-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Satch man SYNDNIEE fella:)
I love bass sounds .....I got me self a roland XP80 and was advised to get a bass and drumms Extension card....Cos I loves Synth Bass..The sounds on it just blew me away I love to design and mix bass sounds....I know it's a geer Junkie thing but if you cann get a listen to those Bass sounds on that Bass N drums card...thery are
wicked...............So you'll still be wearing a T-shirt in late Autumn?????
yeah i looked it up
http://www.synthesisers.co.uk/XP80.htm
im not really looking to buy a keyboard, cause its expensive and i have no reason to play keyboard. maybe an fx pedal with synthesiser would be better. but hell if you get good bass sounds maybe it is worth it. the next thing i gotta buy is a drum machine first, badly. lol.

whopwooper
04-10-2005, 12:43 PM
The sounds were made from samples of top bass playes such as Abrahm Laborile_Jr and John patitucci Marcus Miller and a few others.......Til yet on the market for pure realism I have not seen much yet???

If you are a bit skint you could save up for a simple JV -1080 sound module 2nd hand would be tons kicking about in Syders I would of thought....you only need the sound card.....and some sort of a master keyboard.........which are also much much chaeper than when I bought my XP80 in 96..........

QUESTION on all???:eek:..........Does anyone have any other Extension cards of theRoland XP 80/50 or JV1080.........Judging by the bass and drumms I should say they really have mega inspirational sounds although lots of the standard sounds can sound a bit thin and logically so with the Retro Analog WAVE again here......the French Dudes AIR kind of set in motion...or not??

Greetings to Sydney......P.S I'm pretty oout of toutch with the Mega Tech
Geer stuff ....Real time is just the best for your soul. But if you can incorporate Real time Skills with Electronicaly based stuff you have a definate advantage if you get the Balance between realtime Stuff and MIDI
correct.......

..Now and again I feel like ditching the whole MIDI thing but the advantages are massive once you get the hang of it........But do respect TRADs"Tradition Reverts...who get ridd of the whole Technology and shut up N play....If you can Juggle is more open minded though.

satch_master
04-10-2005, 02:54 PM
yeah sydney, its funny how everybody makes a big deal im from sydney, i suppose it is the heart of australia, but ive been living here so long im just so over everything.
anyways.

thanx 4 ur post, some really hard to understandstuff there, im just after something cheap and easy. u said about MIDI, well im using guitar pro 4 and there is an effect for bass called "Synth bass 1", and it is really good. BTW "synth bass 2" sucks balls. anyway is there a way to create basslines on it and then convert it to wav to add to the mix with the other instruments cause i know WAV AND MIDI dont go together. later.

whopwooper
04-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Which synth bass box is that then.....???....I work and compose chuck around ideas send midi sequenced sketches to / or from my Roland......and do all the cleaning up in CUBAS-SX....on the computer.

.......It has an export function so in plain English you can either record any Realtime instument on an audio channel and either play and record midi with my XP80....although if you know what your dooing you can just use the internal Synths provided with Cubase SX...(meaning you don't even need any external MIDI equipment.

......It has a Great EXPORT function on it so lets you,.. say I'm happy with my idea/Recording you can just export it as a WAV......It even exports the MIDI instuments without having to record them as an audio signal all in one so theoretically in SX you can convert your midi arrangments in to a WAV....
As to your synth box 1 and 2 I've no idea ...Does it have midi capbilites??
Is it a Mega BASS pedal your using for your guitar???

My god I'm talkin about Geer again................THe SYdney thing!! HUMM:cool::D.....I'm a POM and stayed 2 years in OZZ....1 in Melbourne which I really digged...
St kilda hotel / Brunswick street/ Laid back Arty farty scene Tons of creative folks/ BANDS Galore/ Buzzing and happening social life / Sydney sadly reminded me to much of London and and besides that is a Nightmare to get from A-B unlike Melbourne which has those great klapped out old tramms........Somehow I've ended up living in Austria ....am am no longer a Prisnor of Mother England anymore ie: POM "you know what I mean AhHhYy as they say in sydney".......Ta rah!

satch_master
04-10-2005, 10:54 PM
i think i answered my own question.
BOSS' SYB-3 Bass Synthesizer
http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=29

that is perfect, a compact, cheap, bass effect pedal i can use to get a wide range of awesome synth tones. so easy and i can ue it live and stuff too. check out the sound examples they sound great. perfect.

whopwooper
04-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Great sounds....Boss were always the best PEDAL Wizzards:D........I would not of thought it has a MIDI in_or_out though?????:confused:.......No idea I'm no expert or anything but as you say ....with to much Shredding humble Bass gets put in the background........

widdly widdly
04-29-2005, 08:34 AM
This boss pedal appears to consist of an envelope follower, pitch detector, single oscillator and a filter. Despite thier claims of it being a "high quality bass synthesizer", I have some serious doubts. I don't think that it would track polyphonically at all, which probably wouldn't matter too much for bass playing unless you do chords or double stops.

For real high quality synth bass I think midi pickups are the go, either the roland GK-3A or some of those FAAS piezo ones from graph tech. Plug this into a GI-20 which converts the pickup signals from the pickup into midi, then get a synth module like a Roland JV1010. This would cost a quite bit more but is loads more useful. You can do crazy stuff like mapping the E string to a synth bass sound, A and D strings to piano and G to a lead sound shifted up an octave.
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)