PDA

View Full Version : **waves**

tedmaul
03-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey,

Nice site you have here. I've made a couple of posts over in Improvisation already, but thought i should drop in to say 'hello'.

A brief bio:

I'm 28, from Glasgow in Scotland, and i work as an IT project manager for a football (soccer ;) ) club.

I've been playing guitar since i was 14. Listening to Steve Vai on the DLR band albums made me want to be a guitarist. Over the years i've picked up a huge range of influences, including Frank Zappa, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Slash, John Frusciante, Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake, Joe Satriani, Eddie Van Halen, John Scofield, Pat Metheny, John McLaughlin, Alan Holdsworth and Wes Montgomery. I listen to a very broad range of music, and love to listen to everything from rock to jazz, blues and the more avante-garde end of the classical scene (Zappa, Varese, Ligeti, Boulez and Nancarrow are particular favourites).

I got started playing in bands when i was at school, and used my music studies to get me into university (the aim being to get out of the crappy town i lived in and move to the big city). Spent 4 years gaining a masters degree in orchestral composition and orchestration, and jammed about in a few bands at the same time.

I've been living in Glasgow ever since, though i kind of let the whole music thing slip a little over the last 4 or 5 years. Just recently got back into playing and writing music again, this site has provided some great inspiration.

Anyhoo, i've waffled on a bit now, so i'll stop. :D Look forward to learning more in future with you guys and gals. :cool:

phantom
03-21-2005, 12:41 PM
welcome to ibreathe!

wow, cool stuff there!

nice to have you on the boards, see you around!

Koala
03-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey hey! See ya around!