PDA

View Full Version : Band Personel Problems

nivlac
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I have been Playing with my current Band for over two years, we have been working on our debut CD during this whole time, after the first year we lost our Female Lead singer, who decided to make a life/career move out of our area of Maryland to New York, so we added a new younger female vocalist to sing the songs we have written together which we have copyrights on. Then we had another set-back and had to fire our main keyboard player, due to financial trust and the "my way or no way attitude", now we are finally about to release the CD and start gigging, but now we are faced with a lack of motivation and I keep telling the Band that we need to get the CD out so we can start to reap any benefits of our hard work, time and talent to see if our efforts meant anything over the last (2) two years, so if there is anyone out there who have been through this and have some good advice to keep Band Members together, please, please, I need your "HELP" :confused:

Thanks in Advance
nivlac

metaljustice83
03-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I wish I could help more, your doing exactly what I'd be doing, try to get them to see the fruits of your labour.

nivlac
03-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will continue to push forward ;)

Thanks Again
Nivlac

curiousgeorge
03-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Hypnotize them...

Los Boleros
03-02-2005, 03:47 AM
I am gonna go out on a limb with this one:;)

The answer to your problem is probably this:

Too much woodshedding and not enough gigging.

Am I right?

In order to keep a group happy, you have to gig.
In order to keep a band practicing, you need a future gig, a deadline to learn a song before a gig or any sense of urgency to practice.
Just working on a CD and the constant critique and lack of audience stimulation can create a real dry environment.

Tell me I am way off base with this and I will erase this post.:D

nivlac
03-02-2005, 05:34 AM
Your right Los, matter fact we had practice tonight for the first time in two weeks and we played like we were playing a Gig, the thing is we have been trying so hard to be different and attempting to put out the best product ever we missed the point that it's still suppose to be fun :)

Thanks for the insight, now I see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

nivlac
This site is great, I will let you'll know how our next gig goes!!!