PDA

View Full Version : sort of new to bass

Lexavier
01-22-2005, 11:44 PM
hello everyone, I am a guitar player , but I bought a bass and a bass amp so me and my friends can start playing together, to be honest I am having a great freaking time with bass. well my question is , due to lack of money I really dont have money to get books and stuff right now. my guitar teacher teaches bass , but I am more of a player that does alot of stuff on his own while playing. the only websites I have are cybertfretbass.com , and active bass. does anyone know a website that would specialize in slap and pop? because I have an idea of how to do it , I just dont want to do it my way and find out its the wrong and it can screw my hand or whatever , like a beginner to guitar who usually down picks everything. just trying to avoid bad habits, well thanks.

mattblack850
01-23-2005, 04:24 PM
As suggested in another thread, try 'Classical Thump' by Victor Wooten for slap techniques.

radiohalo5
01-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi Lexavier,

In my opininon, just play what ever comes naturally. Don't worry about how the job is getting done unless it starts to hurt. Then you should change. You would also want to consider the tone quality - Does what your doing sound good.

I am self taught on bass, so maybe my advices is suspect, but I've been playing for about ten years with no noticeable side effects. Well except for the time I cut my thumb on the pickup guard. I changed a little after that. ;)