PDA

View Full Version : Insert Generic New Member Thread Title Here

Grovesy
01-21-2005, 01:54 AM
Hey everyone, I'm Grovesy; I'm pretty young compared to most of the people on the forum as far as i can tell, since i'm still in high school, but hey I've grown a lot musically from this site just in the past few weeks so I figured I ought to join.
I'm from Australia and i've been playing piano for 6 years, electric bass for about 3 years and guitar for about 2 years (and euphonium for about 5 years, kudos to those of you out there who know what a euphonium is!).
I'm into Progressive Metal/Neoclassical shred type stuff and gradually starting to listen to more jazz and fusion like John Scofield, Chick Corea, Bill Evans..i've still got a long way to go with that though.
Anyway thanks for reading, hope I can one day contribute something half as important as some of the stuff I've already taken away from this forum.

Slaindude
01-21-2005, 02:08 AM
Hey there,

Welcome to ibreathe! I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff regarding neoclassical shredding in here! I think this subject is getting hotter and hotter! hehe see ya in the forum!

Koala
01-21-2005, 04:19 AM
YO yo welcome to ibreathe!

Koala
01-21-2005, 04:24 AM
oh yeah, and I (as well as most members i guess) had no clue as to what an euphonium is, but i did some quick research and heres a pic.

Grovesy
01-21-2005, 04:31 AM
Yeah, it's that one ^, but mine has only three valves.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

phantom
01-21-2005, 07:57 AM
that instrument scares me..
it doesn't even fit on my screen.. :(

one question: "WHERE ARE THE STRINGS??" :confused:

anyways...welcome to ibreathe, make yourself comfortable and enjoy the ride ;).

rmuscat
01-21-2005, 08:32 AM
that instrument scares me..
it doesn't even fit on my screen.. :(

one question: "WHERE ARE THE STRINGS??" :confused:

LMAO! no strings?!? strange ... ha ha

welcome dude we enjoy having all kinds of musicians here

generic rob here :)

mattblack850
01-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Welcome, welcome. Hey it may have no strings, but I bet it doesn't half help with phrasing for the bass playing.:p :p

Hey Koala, could you not find a bigger pic, I think I missed some detail on that one!!:D :D

sam6
01-24-2005, 08:24 PM
welcome dude ,tell me did u ever try the Sousaphone :confused:

Grovesy
01-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I've always wondered what playing a sousaphone would be like; can't say I've ever wanted to find out, but it's one funky instrument..