PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Ambasador Sarek
01-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey there. This is my first post so I thought I would introduce myself. I have been playing guitar for nearly 8 years. I am trying to work on my picking as well as build up overall speed/coordination in both hands. A member of the jcf forum (which I am a member of) referred me over to this place. So far it looks to be pretty cool!

Ambasador Sarek
01-20-2005, 06:41 PM
I forgot to mention. I play a Jackson rr-1 through a line 6 flextone II head with a custom made 2X12 cab. I have really slimmed down in terms of gear in the past few years. Along with the rr, I have an ibanez acoustic and another jackson kx10 something.. ( I bought it from my brother for 20 bucks). I needs a bit of work, and I am thinking about doing some cool mods to it once I get some money.

DanMulvey
01-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey there-

Welcome! Sounds like we've been at this for close to the same amount of time. Well, good luck with your practicing, some of Eric V's articles have been really helpful to me for speed and coordination. I've been playing through the Moto Perpetuo a lot lately and I just got a hold of the Paul Gilbert videos too.

See you around man
-Dan Mulvey

Biesi
01-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Ambasador Sarek,

Nice to have you here - I join ibreath some days ago. It's really a nice place where you find many professionell musicians and very helpful articles...

See you,

Greetings - Biesi

phantom
01-21-2005, 09:25 AM
welcome to ibreathe ambasador sarek!

make yourself comfortable and make sure to check the rules and guidelines (http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/forumrules.php?) of this wonderful place ;).

hope to see you around a lot,

sven

Rizla
01-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Hello man, this forum is full of wonderful musicians that are willing to help with any kind of music or guitar problem. I am sure you have lots of knowledge that could help others out too!

matchoo2
01-31-2005, 06:55 PM
welcome! I have been playing for about 12 years, and I have an Ibanez rg 270. I've been thinking about getting a line 6 setup, I've heard good things about them, what do you think of yours? I've made quite a bit of mods to my guitar as well, including pickups, bridge and a custom vinyl decal wrap that I designed myself that looks kick ***. I will be posting some pics shortly. look foward to trading advise with you.

later

Ambasador Sarek
02-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Before I bought the flextone II, I played through a Randall Warhead. Once I sat down and toyed around with the eq on the flextone, I got the perfect sound (for me anyways). I will stop by my house and post a clip of the tone I use later tonight. Obviously the flextone II is not nearly as advanced as the vetta or even the flextone III, but I got it for a really good price. If you can afford to get the new vetta, I encourage you to check it out. You can get some wonderful metal tones, as well as just about anything else you could want.