PDA

View Full Version : Pulse the Dormant Members

Bongo Boy
12-17-2002, 02:25 AM
Here's an idea. If it's possible, do a query on logins and return a list of email addresses for those members who have not logged in for some period of time (say 6 months or more), then what say we shoot 'em an email that says:

Hello again from iBreathemusic.com!

A lot has changed since you last visited the site. Hundreds of members have joined since then, and participation is higher than ever in topic areas such as guitar gear, music theory, practice, performance and much more. [order these in descending order of what you feel are the hottest topic areas already].

In addition, take a look at our ever-growing library of great articles by seasoned guitar professionals on topics ranging from how to select a guitar instructor to advanced picking techniques and creative composition. [okay, that could be spiced up]

Please visit us again! Stop by and see what's going on at one of the busiest, best staffed sites on the web specializing in the interests of serious musicians and guitarists. Stop by now!

You get the idea.

OH!!! And mention the survey.

szulc
12-17-2002, 05:17 AM
Since you are now working for iBM you can write the SQL scripts for this!

Bongo Boy
12-17-2002, 06:00 AM
Well, it better be in their Marketing Dept, 'cause I found out today my vast SQL knowledge is way gone! A guy came to me today with a simple SQL problem that 2 years ago would've taken me about 15 min. I spent 2 HOURS on it and never got past syntax errors! Of course, my experience is Oracle and this was Access, but jeeeez, c'mon! Syntax was the excuse I used--fact is I forgot how to do this kind of query.

szulc
12-17-2002, 12:00 PM
In your defence, Access is a Different Beast!

Guni
12-17-2002, 08:17 PM
Guys, this has been done and there is a feature which exactly does what Bongo suggested.

And I think it was quite successful up to now as we got about 70 filled out surveys up to now.

Many thanks to everyone going through this and taking the time.

I got a hell lot of reading to do!

Guni

szulc
12-18-2002, 12:53 AM
I only just reailzed that your icon is a musical (1/8th) note in the lung (Ibreathe music). For months I have been thinking it was a pipe! I wondered what a strange icon, is Guni a hardcore pipe smoker, maybe too many visits to Amsterdam?

badgas
12-18-2002, 10:24 AM
That's funny, szulc.
I thought the same thing, a pipe with Black Lung.
I'd look at it and wonder what's the point this guy is trying to get across?

I saw the t-shirts in another thread a bit ago.
Then it dawned on me.

szulc
12-18-2002, 11:39 AM
I thought he might be a hardcore weed smoker.
Actually I thought this was some emergency room Xray.

Guni
12-18-2002, 11:54 AM
:D :D :D - what a fun 'good mornin' read

btw: all of your assumptions are correct - just kiddin'.

yeah, it's actually a note - when I first saw it I also thought about a pipe - it's not that well worked out.... but we're getting there and ya can see a next step in the t-shirt thread at http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=466

Bongo Boy
12-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Just as a point of interest (and to get this thread back on topic :D) the average join rate for 4Q2002 is about 2 members per day, up from the last average I did for 1H2002, which was about 1.3, I think. 71 new members joined in Oct, and 54 joined in both Nov and Dec.

Not that size matters.

Bongo Boy
12-10-2003, 06:00 AM
I've computed the daily join rates again, for your amusement, as follows:

4Q2003 3.2 members per day
3Q2003 1.9 ' '
2Q2003 2.9
1Q2003 2.6

Informal analysis seems to indicate that this is a seasonal site, with our max influx happening in Q4 each year. November was the big month this year, with about 4.5 folks signing up each day, on average.

Koala
12-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Interesting stuff Bongo. It probably has to do with people wanting to play the Xmass classics, or maybe new years resolutions lol.

Hey while were at this, any of you regular guests on the forums, join IBM! its free of charge, takes you a couple of minutes...and then you just get the privilege of bossing around other guests just like im doing!

no,no seriously....join ibm, the more the better!