PDA

View Full Version : Site Charter--Guitar Only

Bongo Boy
05-16-2002, 05:49 AM
It isn't obvious--is this site dedicated to guitar ONLY? Not having been exposed to the days of Guitar4U, and while this site looks to be guitar only--I just want to verify.

Would you consider, say, opening a forum to the spectrum of what I'd call latin fretted things (LFTs)? Tres, cuatro, requinto, big fat ugly acoustic monstrosities, etc? Sitar?

Guni
05-16-2002, 08:13 AM
Hi Bongo,

Thanks for this question :-)

At the moment guitar is the main instrument as iBreatheMusic evolved from guitar4u. Thus we have a lot of guitar related material and guitar interested visitors. Well, and all the guys who are running the site are guitar players.

But our main goal is to make this site accessible to all musicians and instuments. That's why we changed our name. Also, articles like the interval article are written with all instruments in mind.

The general section 'Learn' will offer material that is written for all musicians. Under 'Play' you will find instrument related material. Well, at the moment it's just guitar but I do hope that we are soon able to offer specific material for eg bass and drums. Then the 'Play' section will be split up into guitar, bass and drums.

That's the vision. Anyone interested in working on such a 'department' ?????

Guni

Bongo Boy
05-22-2002, 08:09 PM
Have you ever communicated directly with the folks (or person) responsible for www.congaplace.com? I'm sure each site manager has his/her own personal preferences on how to do things, but integrating the two sites might be of interest. It's very positively regarded, apparently uses the same software altho maybe a different version, and is devoted to (apparently) hand percussion--naturally there are many drumset players who frequent the site as well.

Integration / assimilation of the two could certainly be an advantage to users--just a wacky thought.

Guni
05-23-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bongo Boy
Have you ever communicated directly with the folks (or person) responsible for www.congaplace.com?

Hi Bongo,

I just checked out congaplace.com - very nice and yeah, they do have quite a similar approach.

Is that site run by Italians? (didn't find any info) - just 'cause they do offer an Italian version of the site.

Anyway, I think there might be some possibilities in joining forces with 'em, or at least get in contact and share experiences......

Guni

Bongo Boy
05-23-2002, 03:29 PM
Don't know the answer to your question--I've always wanted to ask them why they'd select Italian (instead of say Spanish) for a site devoted largely to Afro-Cuban-Latin styles. I'm trying to learn Italian so it gets my vote, though!

Guni
05-24-2002, 10:25 AM
I was just browsing the forum at this site and there are some great threads in there.

I spend 1 hour checking out the University of Salza glossary :D - very cool.

If someone is interested here's the thread at congaplace.com (http://congaplace.com/cgi-bin/forum/eng/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cee12a6edb2ffff;act=ST;f=5;t=29)

Thx Bongo

szulc
06-02-2002, 03:48 PM
Maybe the site needs a 'Theory' and an 'Improvise' Section not specific to any instrument.

I would be willing to contribute in these areas, as well as the guitar specific 'Play' area.

Guni
06-03-2002, 07:03 AM
Hi szulc,

The Learn section is intended to offer general lessons for all instruments. If you look in learn you will find 'improvisation' separat from 'Play'.

If you'd like to contribute for the Learn section this would be great.

Guni