PDA

View Full Version : Scales and modes etc......

SteveFerguson
12-14-2002, 08:41 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't been here in a while, been busy with exams etc....

Anyways, last time i was on i got a great e-book on metal. I was just wondering if you have done, or are planning on doing one on Scales and Modes etc. (I'm talking really lamens terms here...I don't even know what a mode IS!) I have been playing a couple of years and have been playing lead stuff for about 6 or 8 months (i haven't really done much since i am a rhythm guitarist in a band) but now i am trying to write my own stuff and improvise over some old backing tracks i found... the only scale i know is the minor pentatonic scale (and the blues scale i.e. the pentatonic with the two extra notes...) Don't get me wrong, it sounds great, but it is a bit limiting and boring playing using the same scales over and over again. I have heard about modes etc but don't really know where to start.... HELP!!!!!

szulc
12-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Click on search and type in mode in the Search By Keyword field then click the Perform Search button. Then youcan sort through all these threads and find what you are looking for. The answer to your question lies in there somewhere.

SteveFerguson
12-15-2002, 10:24 AM
Thanks a lot szulc, I'll check it out...

szulc
12-15-2002, 02:22 PM
I think we should add how to use the search engine to the the FAQ section.

szulc
12-19-2002, 06:01 AM
http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=272