PDA

View Full Version : Request

szulc
12-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Why don't some of you who frequent this board and contribute to the forums fill in information about yourself in the member area.
Like where you live etc...
I believe I would be more patient when trying to answer a question from a non-english speaking person. Also I would like to see more contributions to the site from members who frequent the boards. Except for the articles written by Guni Eric and Myself most of the articles seem to be written by outsiders ( people who do not regularly participate in the discussions).
I have on several occasions asked someone to write an article when they were asking for one on the board. I think any of us could benefit from witing an article. I believe that we all can learn from each other and everyone should have something to contribute.

Bongo Boy
12-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by szulc
I believe I would be more patient when trying to answer a question from a non-english speaking person.In that case, I'm from Coloradeau, France. :D

szulc
12-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Are you implying I have been less than patient in answering your questions? I recall losing my patience but I don't recall losing it on your posts.

Bongo Boy
12-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Absolutely NOT. Sorry!!

Zatz
12-14-2002, 10:30 PM
szulc,

what would be the common procedure for publishing an article on IBreathe? are there any requirements as to document format?

Zatz.

szulc
12-14-2002, 10:47 PM
I had written a couple of articles for the original Guitar4u site, and when I breathe came along I just asked if I could contribute, the same thing I did when it was Guitar4u, after sending in my submissions, Guni apparently felt I had something worthy of contributing, and made me an advisor. I am grateful for this.
I try to be worthy of this position and make serious attempts to contribute daily. I try to write an article every couple of months.

The other thing is you can try your ideas out by just starting a thread here and see if there is adequate interest in the topic before you commit to an article, that is what I did with 'difficult picking exercises' and two note per 'string diatonic forms'.
The community here is hard to read on what will get the most responses, so testing an idea in a thread is a good way to find out what is interesting to the community at large.

After a thread you start gets enough interest generated, people will PM to you asking you to write an article about it. In my case this was so they could print the tab cleanly for the 'difficult picking exercise article, which was pretty much identical to the thread content except it had better explanations.

Contact Guni, he will give you the required information.

You are one of the people I was talking about. You had a stronger presence earlier on on the year, I haven't seen posts by you as much lately, I am sure you could contribute some good ideas.
The quality of the interactions on this site will improve if more of the active members participate. Be advised, your topic and concept will need to be approved and your article will need to be approved.

I think your point of view of music is similar to my own and you analyze it mathematically, as do I. I for one would be fascinated by seeing things from your point of view.

szulc
12-14-2002, 11:00 PM
I guess what I am suggesting is to have members submit threads with cool educational ideas and tab or soundfiles. If the community demands it, then speak to Guni about writing an article expoundig on the thread content.

szulc
12-14-2002, 11:12 PM
I didn't really answer your question.
iBM has a very cool online authoring tool for creating your article online, you can upload .gifs and add html like tags (similar to the forum). If you get the chance to actually author an article you will dig it. The old site required .pdf files or you needed to send them to Guni and he converted them to pdf, I am sure this was not very fun for him. The new method really makes it easier for everyone involved since you create the article yourself online, then all Guni has to do is proofread it, maybe make some changes or ask you to and then he makes it live for you when he is satisfied. I assume this is much less work for him than the old way. This is his site and he needs to decide what content it has and who's articles are worthy of being published. So ,I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds by asking those members who frequent the board to contribute. I am reasonably certain if it is done in the manner prescribed in my last post it will work out.

Zatz
12-15-2002, 12:56 AM
szulc,

Thanks for your explanation and warm words! You really answered my question. I wish I had a stronger presence at IBreathe and the reason for my being mute these days is my intensive doctorate study. I love to share ideas and I've been thinking of opening some fresh music theory thread with my loony mental ramblings and see if it gets enough interest. Of course all the ideas need to be tested in public before wrapping up into article.
Your determination to make IBreathe even better place is very contagious! OK let's try. It's time to quit being information vampire! :D

szulc
12-15-2002, 01:00 AM
What discipline are you getting your doctorate degree in?

Zatz
12-15-2002, 01:01 AM
computer modeling of plasma spraying process

szulc
12-15-2002, 01:03 AM
You mean Mathematics?

Zatz
12-15-2002, 01:13 AM
Applied Physics. Actually I graduated from cybernetics faculty and I'm rather computer than nature hacker :) Being a mathematician I'm an alien at the lab :)

szulc
12-15-2002, 02:36 PM
I am eagerly awaiting your educational posts.