PDA

View Full Version : Hi,is there anyone who can help me with singing?

sinconconfuso
12-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi, i have played in many bands over the years and have toured with a few big-ish names such as 'Breed 77', 'Hell is for heroes'.
I have recently left my band 'Divide' to pursue my solo stuff. I have written a 13 track album and i will be playing all the instruments featured throughout the album. I have just recently come to record the guide vocal tracks and the vocal parts i had in my head dont seem to work. I have been a backing vocalist for a few years but this is the first time i have been at the vocal forefront.

The style of this project is kind of a mixture between A perfect circle, smashing pumpkins, tool,radiohead,jeff buckley,sigur ros......
and the lower register is fine and the condition of my voice in its lower register is great. As i progress through my mid range it is still quite pwerful and present but the trouble starts when i reach for my high range and especially when i reach for falsetto.
Im not sure wether getting the power in the high range is a confidence thing and if it is then i am not aware that im feeling this way, or wether i just need to work at my voice.
I love the sound of a male voice in falsetto such as jeff buckley or thom yorke and when i try and sing in falsetto it does sound nice but just not powerful enough or cutting enough. Any advice would be greatly received.
Thankyou.

mjo
12-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Hi
Welcome to IBM !
With your experience, I'd be surprised if confidence was getting in the way.
Maybe a little work with a vocal instructor / trainer could help you get the projection / power you're looking for. - ?

I look forward to "seeing" you in the forums.

-best,
Mike

phantom
12-01-2004, 03:43 PM
yep welcome sincman!

make yourself comfortable at ibreathe!
although you'll met lot of guitarists and not that many vocaldudes/dudettes, you might like the place as well.

Koala
12-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Heya welcome, just ask away is what i say!