PDA

View Full Version : a little aid in ear training...

salsainglesa
11-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Well, this is a slow process and takes time and effort, but i think the results deserve the effort...
take any note, and sing it... then, the process begoins...
sing the minor second up of that note
then sing the mayor second up from the same note you sang the first one
then the minor second down
and finally the mayor second

then take a different note

do that in a daily basis for a while and until you have really felt how each interval feels... do them randomly also.

The next step, is to be able to sing a series fo notes up and down like this

root note - major second - major third
root note - major second - minor third
root note - minor second - major third

up and down from the same note...

it is very important that you are able to listen the notes inside your head, dont use a guitar, until you really tried. just to check it

After this, you are on your way to sing modes, add notes. know your theory, read the notes in a pentagram, and you will be on your way to sight singing
and recognize notes on melodies by ear
Hope it helps
Be perseverant!

Los Boleros
11-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Well, this is a slow process and takes time and effort, but i think the results deserve the effort...
take any note, and sing it... then, the process begoins...
sing the minor second up of that note
then sing the mayor second up from the same note you sang the first one
then the minor second down
and finally the mayor second

then take a different note

do that in a daily basis for a while and until you have really felt how each interval feels... do them randomly also.

The next step, is to be able to sing a series fo notes up and down like this

root note - major second - major third
root note - major second - minor third
root note - minor second - major third

up and down from the same note...

it is very important that you are able to listen the notes inside your head, dont use a guitar, until you really tried. just to check it

After this, you are on your way to sing modes, add notes. know your theory, read the notes in a pentagram, and you will be on your way to sight singing
and recognize notes on melodies by ear
Hope it helps
Be perseverant!I agree with that.:D This is good for anyone that hopes to perform and someday stand out with style. Actually this was the basis of my earliest practice rituals. While the kids were out playing kick ball, I was singing my scales. I never got to be a great singer,(I think ppl are just born with that) but I can sing. The main thing is that your ear for melodies improves rapidly.

Off Topic: Hey SalsaInglesa, 85 posts yet first time reading one. Where ya been? Are you in a Salsa Group?