PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

JfC
11-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Hello all,

After many moons of lurking, reading, head banging (not the good kind..., the "against the computer keyboard kind"), searching, digging, sifting etc..., i finally signed on. First and foremost to thank all those members who so kindly give of themselves, their knowledge and experience and most generously... their time, helping others in their journey down the musical path.

So many of you here have helped me immeasurably, whether it has been the way you worded something that finally made sense to me, or offered alternative ways of seeing something beyond the bog-standard way it is presented in books and instructional websites. Particularly when it comes to theory. We are all unique and learn in varied ways. It is incredible, when you are struggling with something, come here..., and someone will offer a key that finally unlocks a previously locked door. The help i have found within this sites' teaching articles and forums have become invaluable to me.

After many (too many) years of false starts and frustrating failed attempts at teaching myself guitar, i became determined, this time... is IT. I either become the guitarist i have always been "in my head, heart and soul"..., or i pack it in and dedicate my efforts instead to learning lead kazoo or rhythm spoons :p.

A sincere thank you again to everyone.
Cheers

Dimebag
11-21-2004, 03:09 PM
mate, stick with the guitar, its more satisfying than you'l ever know. Theres a quote that Stevie Ray Vaughan once said about jimi hendrix, which i think applies to anyone playing any instrument: 'i dont think he even plays guitar - he plays music'. Music is your feelings, no matter whether youve been playing 10 minutes or 10 years. Stick with it, and just enjoy it, dont worry about trying to be the best. And nice one for joining ibreathemusic, people on here are great, they've helped me out before too.;)

Koala
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
JfC, itīs great to know how much you have gotten out of ibreathe, thatīs why itīs here for in the first place. Itīs also real cool you signed up and decided to take part on the forum community. Now hopefully youīll dedicate most your effort to improving even more on guitar, and just leave a few minutes a day for kazoo and spoons, heck iīd love to read some articles on that :)

welcome to ibreathe!

Bongo Boy
11-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Oi! Welcome.

It's wonderful to hear that something busted loose for you after finding info here--few things feel better than finally 'getting' something you've tried hard to grasp. Anyway, I very often wonder, "Will I ever actually be able to play this instrument?" I just let that thought pass each time I have it, and re-assert my decision to keep the guitars. As long as they're still hanging on the wall, I know I'll keep coming back for more punishment!