PDA

View Full Version : still at it

noiz anomaly
10-19-2004, 04:07 AM
hi...
My hand is still XXXed but it is starting to feel a little better. I have been working on exercises involving only my pick hand in the mean time. What I do is tremolo pick each string for a couple minutes as fast as I can without tensing up. Then I do triplets ascending and decending the neck as if I were playing 3NPS patterns. Then I do the same with 2 notes and 4. Then I do string skipping with the same numbers and also include one note per string. Can anyone think of anything else I could be doing, picking or otherwise, keeping in my that my fret hand is very sore right now, to improve my technique?

oRg
10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
You could do some tapping. Using the patterns that you normally use instead of picking just do some tapping. You can try one-finger tapping and move up to four-finger tapping. That it tap with 4 fingers with your right hand and play the patterns with your left hand.

noiz anomaly
10-21-2004, 06:28 AM
it is my left hand that is messed up.....that is why all I have been practicing is picking open strings

DracWell
10-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Tune the guitar to an open chord or something and just do tapping then :P

oRg
10-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Tie a sock around the first fret so that it mutes and deads the strings. Then go ahead and tap with your right hand. You don't even need to use your left hand at all!

noiz anomaly
10-22-2004, 10:06 PM
haha ha good idea man! thanks