PDA

View Full Version : Hi2u. ;o

Capacity
09-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Tom here.

Looking around for a guitar forum and stumbled across this. Reason for looking for a guitar forum? I'm amazingly new. Like, 2 weeks into learning new. Figured that asking my dumb questions over the Internet would be a safe way to educate myself a wee bit about guitars. Been wanting to learn for years, only recently could be arsed to get up and do something about it. Acquired a Yamaha FG 300a - acoustic about a month ago on the advice that acoustic guitars are better to learn on. Plan on buying an electric nearer to Christmas (look out for my thread titled 'HELP ON BUYING A NEW GUITAR PLZ!!!!!!111one!!#/' :D), and can't wait. Recieving intense practice and lessons every week, right to the point of doing odd finger exercises. I want to play guitar badly.

I live in the Midlands area, about 10 miles from Birmingham. Love to get drunk and party. Love going to festivals and concerts. Musical tastes, anything that uses an instrument can be appreciated; in particular: rock alt/soft/hard, indie, not-too-heavy metal, etc. Favourite bands, Strokes, Thrills, Snow Patrol, Jet, Ash, Kings of Leon, Darkness, Killers, Chilli's, Franz, Razorlight. Lots of less popular bands. Stuff like that.

I believe that is how you do an introduction. :D

*Capacity steps back to admire his work.

Ciao.

rmuscat
09-28-2004, 03:39 PM
ha ha .... great entrance man ;)

welcome to ibreath ... it's fun being here. lots of different ideas, perspectives, opinions and approaches.

All levels of players ... from simply awesome ones (who drive you nuts when you listen to them) to total beginners ... all moshed up in one big place for exchange of ideas and opinions.

You'll find something that fits your style for sure :)

see ya

Koala
09-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Hey Cap, welcome to ibreathe, i recommend you use the search option to find solutions to questions similar to yours!

hope to see ya around!

Capacity
09-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Hey,

Thanks guys. Wasn't aware that so many of the members come from, well, everywhere.

I'll use the search for sure. I know how annoying it gets, with the general discussion boards I chat on (which don't give half as good a welcome as the ones I've had already ;o). On a side note, a boy of maybe 10 years old just fell over outside my house.

I look forward to amazing you all with my musical talents...

... In four years time. ;D

sugarbee
09-29-2004, 02:48 AM
welcome welcome. Yes, this truly is the greatest site with the coolest people and collectively we will at least attemp to answer your every question! Even if our answer is only an answer for the sake of being an answer! Ha! Try THAT one on for size... but seriously. It's cool here and I like your sense of humor...you amuse me... Post. Have fun. Check out the wealth of info in the articles section. And someday, maybe someday, all these parties I read about on these pages will actually happen and we can have an IBM jam session... wow, that would rock.
I'm babbling now...
:cool:

Capacity
10-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey, thanks.

I haven't abandoned the forums already, just having a good few days and don't need any help. Not much I can say to help others either, so I'm keeping it shut. ;D

LIChick
10-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Welcome. All levels and all musical tastes are acknowledged and appreciated here. The support is wonderful and there's no such thing as a stupid question. Everyone is quite humble and remembers that we all had to start somewhere...

Capacity
10-10-2004, 03:33 PM
So, how long has everyone been playing?

Musical influences?

What guitar(s)/equipment do you all have?

Koala
10-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey Cap, try a search we`ve all posted about our gear and instruments many times before! :D

Capacity
10-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Cap, try a search we`ve all posted about our gear and instruments many times before! :D
FINE.

:p