PDA

View Full Version : help me

7_stringa
11-03-2002, 04:01 AM
hey ive been playen for a year now
n like i practicse bout 1-2 hrs a day or 8 on weekends

but i still cant make up good sounding solos on the spot

like if u giv me time and tell me wat the rythm is playen i can make an ok one

and also i only know one key (c major,,, or e phygen, d dorian, f lydian, g mixolydian, a aoloen, b locrian)

i cant read notes

and my solos(not made up by me, de ones i learnt) dey soudn good but they dont sound like performable on stage, if u know wat i mean

and my left n rigth hand r good but not cordinated like they both fast but sumtimes out of time 2gether

ohh and i like 2 record **** so if ne1 has ne tips or programs(im using microsoft soudn recorder due 2 lack of money and expericne in software)

7_stringa
11-03-2002, 04:40 AM
ohh yeah

and duz ne1 know a trainer that will just play a random note and i hav 2 guess it

not like chord or scale or nehitng just a single note

7_stringa
11-03-2002, 04:46 AM
ohh yeah

and duz ne1 know a trainer that will just play a random note and i hav 2 guess it

not like chord or scale or nehitng just a single note

d7th
11-03-2002, 10:19 AM
1 year of guitar ... I would say your problem is normal.

You can't have all the stuff those solo's required to be well played (technic stuff etc ... ). I don't think the knowledge of theory is a matter here (It wasn't for me).
There are tons of exercices on this site to improve your technic...

Playing a solo isn't just a technical matter... It's like a story. A solo says something. You've got to feel it to play it right. And I think it's the toughest part of the work.

Guni
11-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Hi 7_stringa,

I don't know if it's just me, but I find myself struggling to read/understand your style of writing, and have to re-read your posts.

Nothing against common abbreviations, but we have a lot of visitors that aren't that fluent in English .... I'd be really appreciated if you could write a little clearer.

Warm Regards,

Guni

7_stringa
11-06-2002, 10:35 AM
sorry guini

hey d7th do you have a 7 string too?

and who can help me with reading notes?

d7th
11-06-2002, 04:01 PM
I have an Ibanez but not a 7 string (too expensive for me lol)
And I will have trouble helping you reading note as I can't do it myself very well :(

metallibeast
11-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey 7_stringa,
me got a 7 string as well...but not for long though...gonna be selling it soon
As for reading notes you could try Music Reading for Guitar by David Oakes...its pretty good

-Metallibeast
NP:-An Evening W/John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess

7_stringa
11-07-2002, 10:36 AM
thanx but i am only 14 i cant afford books

any websites?

flatfifth
11-07-2002, 07:18 PM
Libraries are full of books FREE. Most now have inter-library loan systems so you can get books from anywhere. Web sites that will contain instructions on musical notation: www.datadragon.com and www.library.thinkquest.org/13734.

7_stringa
11-09-2002, 07:09 AM
thanks man

i cant read notes yet

but im cumin pretty damm close

thanks agen i love you all

flatfifth
11-11-2002, 02:31 PM
There are a ton of sites on the Internet with instructional material. This site has many, and lessons, and collections of guitar tabs are all over the place on the net.

This is just one of many I found by entering the work tabliture in a search engine: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/f/p/fpm108/glw/lessons/index.htm

There are hundreds of others. It will be a good idea to learn to read musical notation and tabliture. Pickup some basic musical theory (chord theory, scale constructions and so on.) Every one wants to shred on the second day. Learn these basic things first and you will better understand everything that comes next.

This is another good site that will teach you some licks and theory too.
http://www.zentao.com/guitar/

Get into the how and why.