PDA

View Full Version : total guitar techniqes

luke_hull
07-07-2004, 08:35 PM
hwllo i have a small gig cuming up and am play born to be wild and the hunter and red house and was wondering if any one could tell me of any extreme techneqes like pick scraping i can add in my solos to show off i have tappin scaping down if u could hepl me out it would be aprechiated
thanks

Koala
07-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey luke, to pick screech or scrape just make sure you have enough gain. Select your bridge pickup and slide the side your pick down from the bridge towards the headstock on the wound strings. Thats all there is to it. Lemme know if it works and if you have any more questions.

p.s.
this sounds cool right before starting a solo

hope this helps,

Andrea79
07-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Also, if you are in vein of weird sounding stuff, and very easy to play, you might try this little thing...again high gain and bridge pickup are a must.
Anyway, here it goes:
play something like

--5--3--1--

continuosly on the low E string, all Pull Offs stuff... AND at the same time you mute gently the low E string with your right hand...starting from the bridge and moving it up the neck. you should hear all the weird harmonics coming out of your guitar.

Dommy
07-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Instead

For born to be wild, check out what the organist does on the original, its pretty easy to emulate on the guitar. Its a bunch of double stop licks based the the E blues scale with a open E/High E(12th fret) as a pedal.

Try something like with the E as a constant pedal.

--12----------------
---8--10-/-11-\-10-8

or
-----12------------------
--------------------------
-------- 12--14-/15-------
-----14-------------------

and different varitiations of that.

For red house, try a lot of crammed phrasing, and a little polyrhythm type stuff, for more info, check out past issues of Guitar World.

forgottenking2
07-08-2004, 06:27 PM
A trick I learned from the Satch (but that doesn't sound too Satch, so people can't tell you ripped it off) start off on a given fret (deppending on the tonality of your solo) then start sliding up but at the same time start depressing your whammy bar, keeping the pitch of the note you started with, once you are an octave (12 frets) above the note you started with let go off the bar then quickly depress it and let it go again. It sounds really cool and it takes about a second to do it all (so you can do it inbetween phrases).

I hope this helps.

Regards,