PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Greece!

voivod
07-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi everyone,
my name is Thodoris and I come from Athens, Greece. Unfortunately in Greece we have very good guitarists but they are not so famous. One of them is Theodore Ziras and I am very glad that I have him as my teacher. You can visit his site at www.TheodoreZiras.com (http://www.TheodoreZiras.com) and check out a greek virtuoso.
I have been in IBM for a month and I have to say that is the coolest site on the internet about guitar. All the articles are soooo helpful and I am very surprised that everyone here tries to help each other. Keep up the good work guys.
As for me, my main influences are:
Bands:
Voivod (that's where my nickname comes from), Emperor, Entombed, Morbid Angel, Turbonegro, Hellacopters and Wasp
Guitarists:
Andy La Rocque, Steve Morse, Randy Rhodes, Marty Friedman and George Lynch
See you in the forum!

theguitarist
07-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Welcome to IBM forums.
And congratulation for winning Euro cup 2004.

Slaindude
07-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Welcome to IBM and its always fun to have the colaboration of many musicians/artists around the world.

JeffN
07-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey, I've seem those clips of Theodore Ziras before!

Zatz
07-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi voivod!

Welcome to IBreathe! I've seen your first messages which are really good - so keep posting more ;)

See you!
Zatz.

Koala
07-06-2004, 05:17 AM
Hey v! Welcome to IBM, happy posting and congrats on the cup!

CaptainCarma
07-06-2004, 09:37 AM
hallo and welcome to iBreathe...

and CONGRATULATION to GREECE for winning the euro2004.

btw. I felt a little like a greek sunday night, because cologne is a city with a high greek population.
so you might imagine the large amount of parties :-)

gyros and ouzo for free... man, that was fun...

voivod
07-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks a lot guys!!
Thanks for your nice words and your congrats about Greece. You should be in Athens on Sunday night...Nearly 2.000.000 people were out on the streets partying all night..Madness!!
CaptainCarma : Ouzo Power!! Otto Rehagel is the man...He became our spiritual father.
Koala : I love your guitar man!! I have a Gibson Explorer and an Ibanez RG2550, your guitar will be my next buy :). Also you live in one of my fav countries in the world. I love your cinema!
JeffN : I hope you liked Theodore!

Thanks again...

flathead
07-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Wow you're lucky to have Theodore Ziras as your teacher! He's one of my favorite players. I have both his Cd's and love them. :)

voivod
07-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Woooww, man and you come from Detroit..The city of Rock 'n' Roll...Gave birth to MC5 one of my fav bands..Today in Athens there is Iggy and the Stooges playing live!!

Koala
07-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Hey v, thanks a lot for the comments, and i really recommend the guitar! If youre ever around here drop me a line!

Just curious, what mexican movies have you seen?

Peace!

Carvinite
07-07-2004, 05:02 AM
*coughs* Go Carvin *Coughs* hehe couldnt help it ;) :D

Anyway, welcome VoiVod hope you have fun and learn lots from everyone here at IBreathe!!!