PDA

View Full Version : looks like a great place

fortymile
06-27-2004, 10:35 PM
hi all. looks like a great forum here. wow.

just to introduce myself, i'm a multi-instrumentalist, mostly self-taught, and i write rock, industrial-metal, and grungy things, in addition to film scores and soundscapes. i've spent the past few years studying theory pretty intensively, but on my own, by reading every book i could find about it, until it all began to click. it's sort of an addiction now, something i never thought possible. currently i'm working on some issues regarding modes. which i'll go post about now in the appropriate thread.

hi!

Bongo Boy
06-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Welcome aboard! Very, very happy to have a multi-instrumentalist here (for the sake of the site), and happy to have a grunge-industrialist here (for my own well-being). Hope to 'see' you around often. Again, thanks for joining.

Koala
06-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Hey, welcome to ibreathe, ill sure be glad to read all your questionsm so i hope to see ya posting!

theguitarist
06-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi welcome to IBM forums :) and can i know what's industrial-metal?

CaptainCarma
06-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi Fortymile and welcome to IBM...

chris
07-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey Forty and welcome! I'm from up the road a bit in the Daytona area. I, like you, am self taught and facinated with theory although I haven't been studying it as much as you. Being a systems admin keeps me busy studying all the new technologies so I don't get as much opportunity to study theory as I'd like. I think you'll love it here