PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal Part II??

dano
10-19-2002, 04:16 PM
First of all, thank you very much for great articles and great site. I was moved from guitar4u.com.

Will I have heavy metal part II by Nicolas Meier? Did he write it? Had it been posted on older "guitar4u.com'?

If not, will there be any chance for him to write it as promised?

Thanks all,

:)

Guni
10-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi Dano,

I am not sure either. I know that Nick is pretty busy at the moment but I will ask him about that.

I can imagine a series of shorter articles. The rhythm guitar one is pretty massive and it took us quite some time to get that one done.

Let's see what Nick says .....

Cheers,

Guni

dano
10-19-2002, 04:46 PM
I am looking forward to hear good news from you!!

:)

Thanks,

Guni
10-19-2002, 04:54 PM
me too :D

Guni

Joel
11-29-2002, 01:51 PM
My dear friends:
This is an isolated suggestion. Since you guys play guitar, I have this idea. You know that many licks are treassured by guitar players, well, many of them, and specially for heavy metal guitar, can be found in violin solos from the baroque period to the romantic period also. You see Bach use to compose in a way that the violin would require no suppementary voices. The melodic line is so articulate that gives this sense of a complete trio playing.
You also have music from the romantic period. 24 caprices from Paganini, Niccolo.

Joel..

Bongo Boy
12-03-2002, 05:15 AM
Great suggestion!!

NP: 0.013-0.056's

szulc
12-04-2002, 11:04 PM
What is this your Jazz Guitar's String Gauges or does someone really have a record called this?
Also since you seem to understand what Joel has written here. What is the great Idea?
I seem to be missing somthing like what it is he wants to say or have us do or post? This seemed to be falling into the 'stand up and be heard' category. So what is the suggestion?

Zatz
12-04-2002, 11:14 PM
szulc! congratulations!

My pleasure to be the first one to say thanks for all the posts and articles I've been reading on IBreathe! Your mathimatical, humourous, alternative and wise approach has always helped me to make my way in music and feel i'm a part of a greatest ever team on net here!

Go szulc.

500!!!!

Zatz.

szulc
12-04-2002, 11:30 PM
Thanks
I always can tell when someone responds to my posts whether they get it or not. You seem to dig the mathematics slant on things, I don't have any choice, it is the way I am wired.
Why didn't you add some song suggestions to the list on compositional studies?

Zatz
12-04-2002, 11:40 PM
szulc,

I just liked your list and I wanted to give the thing a faster push having taken it as it is. I promise to contribute my own ideas!

Warm regards,
Zatz.