PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible? Yes!

MusicM@n
05-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Happened today: I was in a final test that determines whether or not I`ll get in this music college of Helsinki. I had to play one jazzy song and some other song. I played "One Note Samba" and p In the Sky by Satriani. What happens during the Satch-song? Pjoogn! There goes my b-string! That was it. You guys think I`m in, huh? That we`ll find out in a month. I`m so depressed. Of all the situations, why happen during my test in front of those music-maisters?

Eurydice
05-25-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry that such a thing happened to you! But remember it wasn't your fault. What have you done when your b-string broke? Have you stopped playing or went on with it? I wish you all the best and hope that you are accepted by the university anyway!

Koala
05-26-2004, 02:37 AM
Best of luck to you MM!

yaclaus
06-01-2004, 07:17 PM
How did you handle the intro of "Up in the sky?" I alternate it since I feel that gives the most clear sound but still it's very difficult play compared to the rest of the song...

MusicM@n
06-01-2004, 07:34 PM
How did you handle the intro of "Up in the sky?" I alternate it since I feel that gives the most clear sound but still it's very difficult play compared to the rest of the song...
Well, I find it rather easy when playing with rakes (sweeps) up and down.