PDA

View Full Version : contributing articles

LarryJ
03-28-2004, 06:29 AM
Guni/Clive,

I've got an idea for an article I'd like to write for the site. It's something I've noticed keeps getting mentioned in the forums, and most guitarists seem to struggle with. It's something I feel I am qualified to talk about and in turn, write an educated article about. If you don't deem it worthy for posting, I'll just throw it on the forums and hopefully it will help people out there, but before I begin I have a few questions:

Exactly what format do you want articles posted in? What about if it were to include power tab? Do we just write it in Microsoft Word, and send the images (powertab files) indicating where they should go, and you take care of the rest, or what?

I know html and some scripting so writing it out in that manner would not be a problem, but I was wondering how this usually works when people contribute articles to the site.

Thanks in advance,
-Larry

Guni
03-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Do we just write it in Microsoft Word, and send the images (powertab files) indicating where they should go, and you take care of the rest, or what?Hi Larry,

That's exactly it.

Word doc or any other kind of text format plus and the corresponding powertab file. We'll put it all together. There is the possibility of you doing it all on your own - we do use a content management system, but we've found in the past that we usually have to redo the images. Once your article is in our system you can go in and have a look to see how it all works.

For now just send in all of you material by mail.

Looking forward to reading it :D

Guni

Carvinite
03-29-2004, 08:45 PM
so anyone can write articles for IBreate?

flathead
03-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Hows the tapping lesson thingy coming?

LarryJ
03-30-2004, 07:40 AM
It sounds like anyone can submit an article. It should go without saying that it has to be very high quality to make the mainpage, as you are competing with the likes of music majors, the head of the guitar institute in Japan, and a number of world famous guitarists.

I figured I'd give writing an article a shot, mostly because the topic was something that I've never seen covered, and it's one that alot of people seem to have trouble with. If it's not worthy of making the main page, I have no problem throwing it on the forums to hopefully help people there instead.

BTW: Guni, you've got mail. :)

Carvinite
03-30-2004, 03:48 PM
the tapping thing is coming slowly....this is my first time trying anything like this....so itll be a while...

Carvinite
03-31-2004, 06:24 PM
so after im done, I just send it, and then they will tell me if it made it?

LarryJ
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
*bump*

Guni if your not interested/already have a plan for the page let me know and I'll throw it up on the forums or elsewhere, that wouldn't bother me in the least. If you were interested in reading it, get me a private message with where to send it.

-larry

Guni
04-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Rand, Larry - you've got mail :)

Guni
04-23-2004, 07:17 AM
I did send 2 mails to your yahoo account. Shall I resend them?

LarryJ
04-23-2004, 01:15 PM
yup, there is online mail here too. At the top of the page where it says "welcome RandyEllefson" below that there will be messages.

davidvanhalen
07-27-2004, 09:12 PM
What E.mail Account Should The Articles Be Send To?

theguitarist
07-28-2004, 06:43 AM
What if someone copied some article from a good guitar book and siad it to be his own?!?
It could happen!?!

EricV
07-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Considering the amount of people we have, I think weŽd figure that out soon enough. The article would be removed immediately
Eric