PDA

View Full Version : Att: Heavy site work ahead!!!!

Guni
03-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi all,

After quite a few busy weeks, we're ready to go ahead and integrate the new forum software into the site.

As a result there will be some downtime on Tuesday, March 16th (We'll be starting work at around 10 am GMT because the stats show this to be a fairly low traffic period).

We'll try to get everything up and running asap. Nevertheless, we will have to do things step by step and you will notice quite a few changes during the remainder of the week as we customise the new system.

Please bear with us while all this is in progress.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I hope this all will be worth it ;)

Guni

Guni
03-16-2004, 08:33 AM
The site will go down in 30 mins for the scheduled software upgrade.

Guni

Guni
03-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Wohoo - using this new wysiwyg message editor is COOL!

Hint: You can enable it in the User CP under Edit Options - bottom of the page, select the 'Enhanced Interface'

There's a lot of new stuff to explore: eg, multiple file uploads are now possible, etc ...

Using code tags(#), tabs can nicely be rendered:

|-------------------------------------|-------------------------------------*|
|-0-5-8-7-0-7-10-8-0-8-12-10-0-7-10-8-|-0-5-8-7-0-7-10-8-0-8-12-10-0-7-10-8-*|

I created a 'New Forum Testing' where you can just test this new system without thinking about what you post :)

Again, there's still a lot of work ahead to finish up with this upgrade - so I'm gonna stop babbling and get on with things ...

Guni

Bongo Boy
03-16-2004, 03:29 PM
The editor is nice. Looks as though the new software was unable to read pre-existing cookies since I had to log in and there were no new posts. Not a problem, of course. Quite a change, but I like it.

Bongo Boy
03-16-2004, 03:31 PM
It also appears as though "Reply" in the lower right corner means 'reply with quote' and the "Post Reply" in the lower left corner means 'reply with no quote'. Very confusing.

Ah...I see. I didn't wait for the mouse-over bubble to appear the first time--mouse-over response is slow on my machine and I didn't see the help bubble. Never mind!

Guni
03-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Looks as though the new software was unable to read pre-existing cookies since I had to log in and there were no new posts.Yes, that's right - the entire user management has been redone so old cookies won't work anymore.

Guni
03-16-2004, 03:50 PM
It also appears as though "Reply" in the lower right corner means 'reply with quote' and the "Post Reply" in the lower left corner means 'reply with no quote'. Very confusing.

Ah...I see. I didn't wait for the mouse-over bubble to appear the first time--mouse-over response is slow on my machine and I didn't see the help bubble. Never mind!To me this is a bit confusing as well. I'm not 100% happy with this - also there is the option for a quick reply box on the bottom of the page - I didn't enable it up to now as I think this just gets even more confusing.;)