PDA

View Full Version : hi all

smallbusrider
03-09-2004, 09:58 PM
hi all,
im kinda new to all this, i discovered this ste last yer around, october of 2003. i registered in jan of 04. unfortunately, i could not post for some reason, but this is corrected now, so I apologize if im throwing a lot of posts on here at once, but after reading posts for a number of months, i have been wanting to contribute soooooooooooo bad!!!lol.
A little about myself:
I have been playing guitar for twenty years...i am 35 yrs old. I reside in Rhode Island in the good ol' u s of a.
i have waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many guitars to mention but here are a few... Fender strat, 1991 Ibanez saber, PRS santana ,ernie ball musicman.my amps/preamps consist of a peavey triple xxx 2X12, and ADA MP-1 preamp run stereo through a peavey 4 x 12 from 1984(built like arock and w/ original speakers and a carvin 2 x 12. The peavey 4 x 12 gives me my lows and warmth and the 2 x 12 more mids and highs. It is an awesome set up...I am in two bands(none original right now I gave that up a long time ago,but a will write an occasional song now and then) one band plays styx, boston, zepplin and 80's hair rock. the other basically has a female singer and bastardizes disco dance hits as well as classic and modern rock. The second of these bands allows me to improvise heavily and it is encouraged! and the crowds love us cause they can dance!!! lol
I would love to help anyone with any questions. My advice is to never be afraid to go for it!! The results can be beautiful or horrid but you have to stretch the limits of your playing beyond scales.But of course like billy sheehan said, you have to know the rules(i.e scales,arps,theory etc.) to break em!!!

have a good one everyone and play an "outside" note for me every once in a while!!

Bongo Boy
03-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by smallbusrider
one band plays styx, boston, zepplin and 80's hair rock. the other basically has a female singer and bastardizes disco dance hitsJust so long as you're bastardizing them, you're welcome here at iBreathe!! :D

Kidding of course, welcome aboard!

LHSV
03-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Welcome :)

Leah

Koala
03-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Hey, welcome around!