PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Guni RE: member profiles

MadhatteR
03-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Hey Guni,

When click on a member profile, you can access some info about each individual user (e-mail, age, location, instruments, etc...)
GOOD JOB for not having a male/female check box!!!
Anyway, here is as thought of mine:
Maybe add a link to upload a picture of yourself. Something maybe 300x400 pixels or something. So, when someone is checking out a profile, if that particular member wants people to, someone can see that member's picture. Make this an optional thing, because some people may not feel comfortable posting a picture of themselves.

Also, this may not be a good idea. I don't know how much server space ibreathe has, & this may use too much of it needlessly. Let me preface the next reason with this: I really respect everyone involved in this site; all of ya'll do a great job of keeping things positive, so please don't take this the wrong way. All it would take is one person's poor choice to ruin this for everyone by posting a sexually explicit or in any way innapropriate picture. So, this idea may not be worth the risk, Guni. Bounce it off of your colleagues and co-conspirators;) and see what you think. I don't want to be the one reaponsible for something bad, so please make a wise choice. (I know you will). Let me know what you think.

I have a feeling that this is probably not a good idea.

Guni
03-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi MadhatteR,

Give it 2 weeks and you will be able to add a special profile image to your member page - this will be an option after the forum software upgrade.

As with everything else on the site I am certain that all of our members will watch out for anything suspicious and immediately report any unrespectful usage of the system.

Cheers,

Guni