PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this?

flathead
02-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Can you search the forums somehow for all the posts for like the last 3 days or so. I know about the 'latest posts' link but that seems to give me only posts for that day. Sometimes I'm don't check in for like 2-3 days. thanks

and what does the Mark all forums read link do?

Bongo Boy
02-22-2004, 01:04 AM
When you select Forums from the main menu, you'll find a 'Show New Posts' option. This will list all posts that you have not read (based on contents of a local cookie, I believe). You can then select any of those posts to read, and then select 'Back' to return to the list of unread ('new') posts.

You may not even want to look at some of these posts due to the topics, and may not want any of them to appear in a list of new posts again. If so, selecting 'Mark all Foruns Read' (or whatever) simply zeroes-out the list of 'new' topics (for YOU). If you do this, then return to the root, or main Forums listing, you'll see that none of the forums are marked with yellow checkboxes--they'll all be marked in gray. It's simply a way to indicate in your local cookie that there is nothing in the forums you have not read.

Now, if from the main Forums menu you select 'Show all New Posts', then select AND REPLY to any of the threads listed, I don't think you can return to the New Posts list again--at least I've not been able to. You can select any of them and read them and return to the list repeatedly, but it doesn't appear as though you can reply to any of them, then return.

Bongo Boy
02-22-2004, 01:08 AM
Sorry--I didn't answer your question very directly.

No, I see no way to list all posts made within a specified time period. That would be a cool feature. You CAN specify a search in all forums for posts made within the past week, but you have to add other search criteria (such as user name or some keyword), You can't leave both the keyword and the username blank and ask for all posts meeting those criteria.