PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Krantz European Tour

EricV
05-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone...
to all the German members of iBreathe:
I just had a band-meeting with the Eric Vandenberg Band, and our bassist told me that Wayne Krantz and his trio will play in Minden ( close to Bielefeld ) on May 11th ( my birthday, can ya believe that )... ( Hiram Bullock will play there in May too ! )
Hereīs a link: Jazz Club Minden (http://www.jazz-minden.de/)

I really recommend to check out that show, the bandīs awesome !
Man, I always miss his shows in NYC... canīt wait to see him live...

Warm regards
Eric

Guni
05-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Here's the complete list of his European tour dates:

http://www.waynekrantz.com/tour.html

If ya have the chance: check it out! :D

EricV
05-03-2002, 06:49 PM
So I assume youīll attend the London-show, Gunharth ? ;)

Wouldnīt it be cool if some members of the forum would meet up at some of the shows... might be a good way to make some contacts, I guess :p

Man, canīt wait for the Krantz-show
Warm regards
Eric

Guni
05-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Actually, we are just trying to find out if Wayne has found a venue in London or not ..... and if not how we might be able to help.

Yeah, anyone else from London? I'm currently back home in Austria but I would not mind such a weekend trip :D

Guni

Guni
05-20-2002, 10:41 AM
Too bad but we were not able to find a decent venue for Wayne in London on such short notice. He just sent out this email.

hey all,

thanks for your interest in the london dates; unfortunately nothing came up - a disappointment for us, too. there is one additional date added to the schedule that is not posted on the site: Bristol on may 27 at the Albert Inn.

i hope some of you can make it, somewhere -

thank you,

wk

EricV
05-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi Guni,

Thatīs sad. But itīs a tendency I noticed before... I mean, as an example, I think itīs a bummer that the Steve Morse Band or the Dixie Dregs donīt ever play in Europe anymore.
The last opportunity to see the SMB was when they played with DP at the Royal Albert Hall ( they played three songs then ).
I saw them in the States a few time though, cuz they played several small tours there in recent years.
I guess the logistics and financial effort involved make it impossible for such artists to play in Europe a lot.
I was actually kinda surprised to hear about the Krantz-tour in Europe... I think itīs great that that worked out, and I hope Wayne was able to attract many new listeners to his music.

To everyone in the UK who might be reading this: If you have a chance to check out Wayne and his band live at one of the UK-gigs, do so ! YOuīll enjoy it, itīs an experience.
( The drummer of the EVB, Andy, saw them play live about a week ago. He knew a few songs from "2 Drinks Minimum", but was not familiar with the other albums.
He was completely blown away by the show... he called it a "mind boggling experience" )

Warm regards
Eric

NP: Badlands- dto. ( Guitar: Jake E. Lee )