PDA

View Full Version : Zero Replies Threads

Zatz
02-18-2004, 09:36 PM
I know we have some...

I suggest we shouldn't allow for a single thread to stay unanswered. Nothing can be more discouraging as the query pending for ages. IBreathe members are extremely responsive so this shouldn't be a problem.

Let's search through the forums and find these "poor ones". Bring them back to life!

Zatz.

Guni
02-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks Zatz - I'm glad you think this would be useful.

This is planned and will be included when we upgrade to the new forum version (mid of march)

There will be a link like the "View New Posts" link, which will show all threads without any responses.

Guni

Oakleaf
02-19-2004, 02:22 AM
that's a great idea!!!

Bongo Boy
02-19-2004, 04:38 AM
What would be really cool is: if the post has 0 replies after say 5 days, the title gets re-written in a distinctive font color (or better, the background gets re-written in say, pale yellow). If it goes unanswered for more than 10 days, it gets highlighted again, maybe in a delightful pink hue. All automated, of course. I think Clive better start pounding some code. :)

Now, some threads with no replies may simply be some guy saying "Whoa...dude! Metallica really sucks!", or some other statement that no one found interesting. In that case, it would cool if a moderator could simply 'reset' the color, which would be a permanent reset.

Koala
02-20-2004, 06:13 AM
Metallica sucks!...:D

Great idea Zatz!

Guni
02-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Bongo Boy
Now, some threads with no replies may simply be some guy saying "Whoa...dude! Metallica really suckc Such post will be immediately removed :D :D

Koala: Final Warning ;) ;)

Guni
02-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Here's an interesting one - kind of an extension to the last 10 posts we have on the frontpage.

Lists all active daily threads:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/search.php?action=getdaily

Guni

Guni
02-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Here's a first attempt at solving the zero replies issue...and WOW, I'm shocked!!!: I didn't expect so many unanswered replies. I guess this new feature will be very useful in the future ...

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=noreplies

Some of these threads I've never seen - amazing how easily posts slip our attention.

I think both, the getdaily and noreplies search are great features.

So we will have 3 functions:

Updated Topics (= latest discussions since last visit)
Today's Topics (= view discussions posted in the last 24 hours)
Unanswered Topics (= view all posts with zero replies)

Guni

Zatz
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Guni,

I get this

"Please specify some words or valid user names to search on. There were no matches for those that you specified."

when I follow the link:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=noreplies

Zatz.

Koala
02-21-2004, 06:47 AM
Same here, asks for specifics.

Guni
02-21-2004, 11:12 AM
This is very odd. It works fine for me.. I'll look into it and get it working for the big upgrade in march.

G.

EricV
02-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Guni,
JFYI, it doesn´t work for me either...
Eric

Guni
02-21-2004, 11:46 AM
hehe yeah - thanks Eric.

I just figured out that it only works for me as super mega admin ;) - I'll sort this out ....

Koala
02-21-2004, 02:55 PM
You just had to remind us were mere mortals didnt you Guni?

:D

Bongo Boy
02-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Guni
I just figured out that it only works for me as super mega adminI really don't understand what that particular query is, though--posts that have had responses during the current day?

An alternative for mere mortals is to sort on the Replies column, then visually inspect the Last Post column--you know sort of a:

WHERE replies = 0 AND
WHERE (date() - last_post) > 6