PDA

View Full Version : ATT: New Forum Structure

Guni
02-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi all,

You might have noticed that we've made quite a few changes to the forums, ie introduced some new topics and rearranged the entire thing. Many of the new forums and changes were made as a direct result of your suggestions and we hope that the new forums will lead to more focused and channeled discussions.

There are a few things you can give us a hand with:

1) Please have a look at the new forum structure and let us know what you think. We'll be making more changes in about a month's time so if you let us know now, we can plan to include your feedback into the next step.

2) Due to the introduction of new forums, there will be many threads that are not in the correct forums to begin with. I'll do my best to find relevant discussions and move them into their destined place - but as you can imagine this is a daunting task and will take some time. So, if you find a thread that is not in the right place - please PM me and I will move it.

I hope this all will turn out to be a big step in the right direction.

Your humble admin,

Guni

EricV
02-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Guni,
looks awesome. Great job :)
Eric

Guni
02-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks Eric - I think this is moving into a good direction ... :D

Cheers,

Guni

Rented
02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
I think it looks great. Thanks for taking the time and improving an already good forum.
________
Zoloft Lawsuit (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

Koala
02-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey Guni! I still have to take a closer look at how it turned out but i had to comment immeditately as I saw it. It looks good, and will definitely come in handy when searching through the forums.
Thanks to you and Clive!

CaptainCarma
02-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks Guni and Clive...

you´ve done a great job making it easier to cruise the forums.
looks great.

madhatter@skool
02-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Guni,
I have a request for modification. In the SEARCH option, I can't look for things like "8 finger tapping" or "7 string" because of the number. If i use "*7* string" I get random stuff, that only has the word "string" in it etc...The SEARCH has a minimum requirement for word length, and gives me this message.

The search term you specified (7) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

Please, see if you can change this.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guni
02-16-2004, 05:07 PM
So far so good - seems that everybody is happy :D

Let's see how things develop over the next few weeks - then we can finetune and adjust ....

Thanks for the replies!

Guni

Guni
02-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Oops - posted too quickly - not everybody is happy ...

Well, the entire search issue will be looked at in the weeks to come - as mentioned above we'll upgrade to the new forum version in a few weeks time - among other things the entire search has been redone. I haven't tested it thoroughly yet but I am sure that this will be a big improvement .... fingers crossed ...

Thanks

Guni

Zatz
02-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Guni and Clive, great job! Looks pretty nice!

Just noticed a typo: "Info to help get u get started" under "New Members Zone" title. Or did you intend to write it this particular way? I'm not being in fault-finding mood :D Just felt it sound somewhat strange.

Guni
02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah - thx Zatz - fixed the typo - we'll go through all of the descriptions again - some sound a bit odd :-)

Guni

JeffN
02-16-2004, 08:47 PM
wow. Great. :)

DDTonFire
02-18-2004, 01:20 AM
When i first saw the new structure i freaked and thought that there was something wrong with my computer.

I like how the forums are more detailed in their divisions now. (That was a point, wasn't it?)

Guni
02-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by DDTonFire I like how the forums are more detailed in their divisions now. (That was a point, wasn't it?) [/B] Yep, that's the intention. It'll take a little time before we get used to the new structure (well,speaking for myself at least). It's amazing how you get used to something when you use it day in day out.

mjo
02-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Guni, Clive,
Just wanted too add my thanks ! Great job w/ the restructure. I've found some old threads (good ones) that I've never seen before.

For a guy like me, who's got some old and deep ruts to break out of, this place has been a "godsend". Hopefully, someday I'll have more too contribute than, (adjective here), questions.

Mike