PDA

View Full Version : Regarding my website

EricV
02-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi guys,

A few people have asked me about my website and why it was closed. I posted a message regarding that this afternoon, and since I spend a lot of time at ibreathe, I decided to post it here as well. So here goes...

“Farewell for now

A few people have asked why the site was closed down, why the soundfiles aren´t available anymore etc.

Now, the reason I gave them was site updates, changes about the content etc.
Well, that IS one of the reasons, because the site needed a make-over or at least some changes anyway. And we´ll probably work on some different layout etc in the near future.

However, the actual main reason is that I am going to take a break. From recording, playing live, etc. I am in need of that cuz I need to consider where to go next, what I should do etc.
Also, there is a lot of different stuff going on in my life anyway. So I really need to take a break. How long that´ll be, I do not know.
This concerns recording, working on tunes, working on “Talking Hands” ( which was supposed to be released a long time ago anyway, but somehow it didn´t work out ).
I will continue to teach, though, and if you´re interested in taking lessons, simply send me an email.
However, everything else I will take a break from, and that also concerns my presence on the web, writing instructional materials, hanging out in forums etc.
If you do have any questions regarding playing techniques, theory and gear etc., please use the ibreathe-forum for that. It´s a great place to hang out, and there are a lot of very knowledgeable, nice, helpful people there... you´ll sure find the answers you´re looking for there.
I think that´ll be easier than contacting me by ICQ or AIM ( it´s gotten to a point where I get a huge bunch of messages with questions the very second I log on, and even though I´d like to answer all of them as detailed as possible, it has become difficult to do so ).

Anyway, I don´t know when the site will be back, or when the EVB will play out again, or whether and when I´ll release that CD. I guess you´ll hear about it here at the site or at ibreathe, so check in in between, ok ?

I would like to thank you for all the support you have given me... for listening, all the nice feedback by email or in person, for coming to check out the shows. It means a lot.

So, anyway, I guess I´ll be seeing you somewhere down the road... =)

Thanks so much. Warm regards. Eric V.”

Carvinite
02-11-2004, 12:28 AM
I am sorry to be hearing of your leaving the forums for now
:( (but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess) ....you have been a great inspiration to me in such a smalll amout of time...I hope you hurry back soon......and when you do maybe ill be better!!!!....later,

Ryan

EricV
02-11-2004, 12:31 AM
I will not leave entirely, I will just limit my time here quite a bit, and even though I might not post a lot, I´ll check in and read what´s going on.

Thanks, Ryan
Eric

EricV
02-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Please also note that the old email ( eric@ericvandenberg.com ) will be temporarily disabled ( hopefully this will help to get rid of all the spam mail ! )
I´ll still be available through the email-addy in my profile, though: vandenberg@alnico-records.com
Warm regards
Eric

CaptainCarma
02-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Hey Eric,

it´s the right moment to say thanks for everything you did, again.

Marc

Shred Fan
02-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Yes, thankyou so much Eric. I can't tell you enough how much your work here at Ibreathe has done for my playing.

You are a great guitar player and teacher, I wish you all the best in whatever you do in future.

Once again, thanks for everything.

Shred on!
-Shred Fan

chris
02-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear about this Eric. I hope all is well with you. Your a fantastic musician and instructor! :cool:

Carvinite
02-11-2004, 03:27 PM
in case my post above didnt make it clear that i aprecciated every thing Eric has done for me and my playing.....

Thanks man I really appreciate it...I think you have gotten me closer to my goal than my teachers has;)

Carvinite
02-11-2004, 03:31 PM
your also a great person...you don't have an ego the size of a bus...and will help anyone...If i have any questions can I e-mail you:confused:

Cuno
02-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Have a nice vacation Eric! Thanks for all your work so far...hope to see your reincarnation soon!

BTW: Do you keep a diary? I've been thinking on starting myself -- for i am too pondering the meaning of my presence on this pale blue dot :) Seriously, i have a feeling that keeping a diary helps to keep in touch with oneself.

Peace

szulc
02-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Eric,
Best of luck with your "Holiday".
We all hope you come back to visit soon.
Now maybe I'll get a chance to catch up on your posts and break the half way point!

Top 5 posters:
EricV------------03-20-2002 3465
szulc------------04-16-2002 1770
Guni-------------03-13-2002 1365
Bongo Boy-----05-11-2002 1357
Koala------------06-22-2002 945

metaljustice83
02-12-2004, 02:58 AM
good luck eric. you've always been more than anyone could ask.

Koala
02-12-2004, 03:47 AM
Eric my man, good luck with eerything, youll sure be missed around here, but heck I get where yore coming from and sometimes you just hafta do that sort of thing. Bu, if ure the least bit thinkingbout quitting music or anything drastic like that...ummm ill f....ing kill you...ok? :D

Youre a hell of a talented guy, plus a great teacher and humble as humble can be. So, be cool...and ill keep my gunsights on ya :D

Moonchild
02-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Yes Eric, you sure are one of a kind. Your articles, replies, posts and instructional videos have been of the greatest help. What makes me look up to you is not just the fact that you are one incredibly talented guitarist (you don't need me to say that, do you ;)), but also the fact that you are always such a nice guy. Always taking your time helping out us aspiring guitarists by helping us analyze our technique, come up with cool exercises, comment on our recordings and so on. It means a lot!

I sincerely hope you are ok, and that you will be back on track as soon as possible.

Again thank you.

forgottenking2
02-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Eric,

I am sneaking in once again to thank you for everything you've done, your articles and posts have helped me and inspired me to get where I wanna get, you'll be missed and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I hope you come back soon.

Thanks for everything.

Regards,

EricV
02-13-2004, 11:48 PM
Guys,
thanks a lot !!! It means so much to read all these comments. As I said, I´m not gone all the way, I still check out the forums in between, everything else is on hold though.
Thanks for all the support and kind words, I appreciate !
Warm regards
Eric

NP: Miles Davis & John Coltrane - The Complete Columbia Sessions

Shaman_Santana
02-14-2004, 07:21 PM
All the best Eric, in whatever move you make next. :)

LarryJ
02-14-2004, 08:26 PM
I held back from saying anything (and the tears!) because I dont think I could say anything that hasn't already been said. I hope you get your life straightened out, and it takes you where you want to go.

Repyling to 50 messages a day on here, plus emails and instant messages can't be the easiest thing and you're right to take a break from it. I will miss those lessons though ;)

Hope to see you back soon, Eric

-larry

EricV
02-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by szulc
Eric,
Best of luck with your "Holiday".
We all hope you come back to visit soon.
Now maybe I'll get a chance to catch up on your posts and break the half way point!

Top 5 posters:
EricV------------03-20-2002 3465
szulc------------04-16-2002 1770
Guni-------------03-13-2002 1365
Bongo Boy-----05-11-2002 1357
Koala------------06-22-2002 945

You did :)