PDA

View Full Version : I'm still with it

LIChick
02-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi Everyone, Just dropped in to say hello. I'm still sticking with my guitar and my s/w. Slow, but I'm not discouraged. Just focusing on moving from chord to chord and some strumming patterns (shuffle).

Danster
02-05-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by LIChick
Hi Everyone, Just dropped in to say hello. I'm still sticking with my guitar and my s/w. Slow, but I'm not discouraged. Just focusing on moving from chord to chord and some strumming patterns (shuffle). Glad yer still here, and glad you're not discouraged, I sometimes think I'm the slowest learner in the world. Post more would ya? Too many posts from us hairy legged boys. :D

Koala
02-05-2004, 04:21 AM
hey hey good to know youre still at it! keep it up and let us know how things come along!

Bongo Boy
02-05-2004, 04:45 AM
I'm very glad to hear that. Thanks for stopping in and saying howdy. I've hit a couple of bumps in the road--the kind that make you wonder why you bother. A couple of folks here have said it happens to everyone, and that helps. It also helps when other beginners check in to say they're in this for the long haul.

What I think is pretty cool is that, unlike running or weight-lifting (which feel SOOOO good when you stop), guitar does NOT feel good when you stop. I liken it to your first experience with a 9 volt battery as a young kid...it really hurts to stick that thing on your tongue, but you kinda want to do it again, 'cause you just can't believe it's possible. ;)

Bongo Boy
03-12-2004, 05:17 AM
How 'bout giving us all a monthly update? Seriously, how's it coming along?

LIChick
03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Guys! Thanks for thinking of me!

Well, I haven't had a manicure in 9 months...and I have some calluses on the fingertips of my left hand...so you can guess that I'm still hanging in there....

I started a second semester of Guitar Workshop at the local high school Adult Ed program. There are some people from the previous semester, but not the ones I sort of hung out with...oh, well, I'll make new friends...

My current project is "Danny Boy" for St. Patrick's Day (I'm Irish!). My Mom says: "Oh, you're really going to make it rain." To which I replied: "I'm only on the second measure...maybe a drizzle." There's some sort of cultural joke going on there...

Plus, I'm working on the Guitar s/w: G, D, and C chord progressions with a varied strumming pattern...and it's starting to sound like music...Guess it's a plus, when my son said: "I like how that sounds."

After watching School of Rock (which is a fun movie), my son is trying to practice a little every night...maybe 15 min...he's working on 1st and 2nd string, using TABS...he's only 7.

Actually I have a quest. that I will post...