PDA

View Full Version : What are some good songs to learn?

Carvinite
01-17-2004, 09:23 PM
what songs would be good for me to learn Legato, Sweeping, & tapping? I have been trying to learn Steve Vai's "Blue Powder" for a very long time but can't find an acuratte transcription.

Thanks,
Ryan

celestial
01-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey Kramer dude, I can recomend so good songs with tapping, I think one of my favorites is the solo from "One" by metallica, there is a little tapping in that, there is always alot of tapping in "Crazy Train" by Ozzy. So thats about all the songs I can play with tapping. But I recommend you should learn "Nothing else matters" by metallica, the girls just start crying when you play them that! lol

LarryJ
01-19-2004, 03:06 PM
bah. those aren't good songs for tapping. If your gonna go ozzy, play 'flying high again' that one is filled with tapping, and then of course, theres the source himself, Van Halen if you want to work on that technique. For sweeping try some of the etudes or pieces on this site, or ygnwie or something like that, that'll be a real workout, and for legato try some Joe Satriani.

Theres tons and tons of songs out there, just find one that fits your taste, and if nessicary, work them into your practice regiment.