PDA

View Full Version : Me Playing Poopy Song

Ragman
12-22-2003, 02:34 AM
heres a poopy song i made, i wasnt really paying attention, but its still probably the best i can do at this point, im really frustrated with my style because no matter how much i try to make my stuff sound different it always come out the same. i hate it. sortof like that post Beavis wrote awhile ago...

Ragman
12-22-2003, 02:35 AM
towards the end my cat jumped on me too.

Ragman
12-22-2003, 05:22 AM
tell me i suck at least. heh.

Bongo Boy
12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
tell me i suck at least. hehNow that wouldn't be of much help, I don't think.

Anyway, I hope someone who knows something can help. I felt some discomfort with what I can only describe as changes between what seems like major and minor qualities--I'm not sharp enough to know what it is--it just felt abrupt and a little out of place. I very likely am totally out to lunch here. If anyone thinks they know what I'm pathetically trying to describe I'd appreciate comments.

Can you describe what you're thinking, now that you've had a few days to come back and listen again? Sounds like there's something bugging you about it. It might help if you left out the 'sounds like everything else I do' part of your feelings and just focus on this clip.

Sorry I can't really help...I just wanted to welcome you again and let you know that folks are listening and thinking about your submission. Do you think Smokey was enjoying himself, or trying to get you to stop? :D

forgottenking2
12-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Sorry about the late welcome comity... (I know I spelled it wrong...) but my bosses got tough about computer ussage at the office... well... I guess I'll HAVE to buy myself one huh? :D Anyways, welcome to musical nirvana, shred galore... and lots other stuff (ask Koala if you don't believe me, there IS other stuff too :D ) um... yeah... gotta go now.

Take care

sweetious
12-23-2003, 10:13 PM
I thought that was cool for solo electric stuff... very Zappa, Vai, Morse kind of, I thought your key changes were very nice as well, I mean a little choppy at times but most of the time you made me want to hear the change that you made. One thing you might want to think about is changing your attack style to bring some different colors to your tone, and some of the notes you make long by doing multitudes of picks on one note for a while, leace some of those just one long solid note with only one attack, other than that you definitely don't suck, especially if you know what you are doing which it sound as though you do...

sweetious
12-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah and Bongo Boy you were right about the major to minor it happens right at 58-59 seconds. The rest is mostly just modal changes.