PDA

View Full Version : Mac or PC

Koala
12-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Given the complaints by mac users regarding the use powertab files at ibm, id like to know what system most of you guys use to browse the site.

Bizarro
12-14-2003, 07:47 PM
PC's are an open architecture with lots of options:

Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, XP, Linux)
Shareware
Freeware (powertab! :))
Cheap (Dell P4 system for under $500!! Wow!)

Regardless of whether you like Macs or PCs, the sheer number of PCs means that there will be many more SW developers and software options.

Koala
12-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Phew Bizarro, lol, if theres lotsa mac users on here youre gonna get it lol. I find mac users to be a bit over zealous about their computer choice :D

Cuno
12-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I use both, but voted for Mac just to even things up a bit ;)

Bizarro
12-14-2003, 09:04 PM
I didn't say anything that wasn't true! It's just the state of the computer world in Dec 2003.

Cuno
12-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey guys, move this thread to religious wars

DanF
12-15-2003, 12:17 AM
I'm on a mac at the moment but I'm still torn as to whether I should build a new PC or buy a mac of my own (I've been using my little brother's iMac G4 for a month or two now).

Obviously if price is the number 1 issue, then PC is really your only option. But I find that even with $1,000 difference I feel that the mac is so much better in many subtle ways that it may be worth it. OS X is great, the hardware is excellent and well integrated... a very compelling platform if you give it a try. I think there are too many poor college students etc. out there to let Macs gain marketshare though ;)

-Dan
PS if you do use a mac you can go to: http://seminars.apple.com/seminarsonline/guitarists/apple/index.html?s=59 to view an online seminar on how Grammy winning Jazz guitarist Pat Metheny uses a mac to kick balls :P

bilbo__baggins
01-13-2004, 05:04 PM
I changed my picture so I didn't get any anti-mac user comments!

I just wanted to see those powertab files...

Bongo Boy
01-20-2004, 04:26 AM
In an ideal world, we would take a poll unless we had plans to do something with the data. I've taken polls here at iBreathe, however, with no intention of doing anything with the info, so I'm guilty too.

BUT, the question was, "What do you use?", NOT "What do you prefer and why?". So, in the spirit of the question, lets respond in kind then, eh?

A useful tweak on the poll might be to ask, "What is the operating system you use most often when accessing this site.?" This might allow a more informative answer when folks use the "PC" for internet access, even when that PC is running a non-Windows OS.

My personal plea is: Let's please don't get religious about machinery--I think many of us get more than enough of that crap at work every day.