PDA

View Full Version : Site Changes

Guni
11-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Please note: we're about to make some heavy structural changes to the site and database which will make some areas not functional for a few minutes.

Unless we've overlooked something, there should be no disruptions apart from this. If however, you do notice anything odd, or experience any errors that don't dissapear after a few minutes, please let us know.

We'll start making changes just now.

Guni

Guni
11-27-2003, 04:12 PM
All right - the major work is done... few bits and pieces missing.

What do you think about the new categories? Looks like we can grow quite a bit .... ;)

Guni

metaljustice83
11-27-2003, 04:20 PM
this is defiantly awesome, I'll have to set more time aside than usual to read through some stuff I'm sure I've missed.

Guni
11-27-2003, 04:40 PM
That's actually a good point, ie finding stuff ... I mean it was a horrible task to place each article into a single category - sometimes it's hard to decide which one it should go to ... now this new system would also allow us to assign one article to 2 or more categories.

I didn't do this up to now but do you think this would be helpful??? or would that get messy?

Say, e.g. 'Heavy Metal - The Rhythm Guitar' at the moment is just in Rhythm. It also could be put into Technique / Chords as well.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Guni

metaljustice83
11-27-2003, 06:37 PM
definatly will be very helpful and work I believe. If someone goes to look for somthing in one section and they find it there. Obviously thats intended. But this way someone won't go look in another section and say hey this should be there or there. If you put it in both places it qualifys for both places.

ignore all that. and read this

if it belongs in more than one place, put it in as many places as it can fit.

Its more accessable then.

I like the new system

Koala
11-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey G! I love the new format, it definitely rocks, and i agree with MJ83, put the articles any place they can fit, no matter if its more than one category....

Congrats on having the kickassiest music site!

flathead
11-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Congrats on having the kickassiest music site!
kickassiest?

Bongo Boy
11-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Yes, the categories are great and the organization in general works well. I think it would be very helpful to have the multi-category tagging of the articles. It would also be extremely cool if you could use the same method of displaying the search results that is used in the article browser--so that even after the set of records is returned after selecting a category, you could sort as you do in the browser. That might also cut down on site maintenance as well--since the same code would be used for displaying the list of articles.

The site has really developed well over the past couple of years...nice job, and thanks to you, Clive and everyone else who makes it what it is.

Koala
11-28-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by flathead
kickassiest?

Well...;) couldnt come up with anything better.......and yes Clive, thanks so much to you as well, amazing job.

Clive
11-28-2003, 10:09 AM
:D Appreciated.

metaljustice83
11-29-2003, 06:42 AM
yes thank you very much.

Guni
11-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Bongo Boy
I think it would be very helpful to have the multi-category tagging of the articles. Your wish is my command :D

It would also be extremely cool if you could use the same method of displaying the search results that is used in the article browser--so that even after the set of records is returned after selecting a category, you could sort as you do in the browser. That might also cut down on site maintenance as well--since the same code would be used for displaying the list of articles.Great suggestion!!!! I will look into this asap.

Guni