PDA

View Full Version : We need Eric back!!!!

Guni
11-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Well guys, iBreatheMusic was dealt a major drawback a few days ago.

Eric, who as most of you will know, has contributed more than 30 excellent articles, is one of the driving forces in the forums and a major contributer to 'the pulse', will not be online for the forseeable future.

This is a serious blow to the site, affects the quality of the forums and will mean that we won't be publishing any more of his articles for a while either.

This is because he no longer has access to the computer he used before and can't afford to get a replacement.

After chatting to him on the phone yesterday, I thought we should do something to get him back - fast- so we decided to setup a 'Eric PC Fund' to get him a new PC. We'll need to raise 800 euros for a basic system, 1000 for something quite decent.

So please help contribute with whatever you can, even if its just a couple of Euros. (Please note that Paypal will take 35 cents and a 2.7% commission out of each donation)

We have started the 'kitty' at 100 Euros.

He's really one of the people that makes up the glue of this site and I personally feel this would be a great gesture for all the hours that he's put in.

To donate through paypal, please follow this link:
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="guni@planc.co.uk"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="iBreatheMusic - EricV PC Fund"><input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.ibreathemusic.com"><input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="cs" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="EUR"><input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0"><input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!"></form>
Please note:
- This is solely to get Eric a new computer to get him back online. All funds will go directly towards this and none to anything else.
- Payments will go through PlanC (ie a Guni and Clive account) and will then be transfered to Eric's account.
- If you don't have a paypal account, you'll need to fill in a basic registration form and then continue to pay by credit card thereafter. It shouldn't take more than 2 mins.
- We will post updates of the balance at least once a day.
- We will NOT publish any contribution details whatsoever.

Guni
11-11-2003, 03:22 PM
EricV PC Fund: Current Balance in Euros

|----->100
|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|
0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000

Shaman_Santana
11-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Done. Not much but i've given something. Very low on cash at the mo as i am still at college and only have a part time job. Will donate a bit more at next payday!

This situation sucks for Eric, but in a way im glad because it at least means i can give something back for all the hard work and help he's given. :)

Thorsten
11-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Since Eric lives only a 20 min. drive away from my house I just jumped into the car and made my donation hand to hand so to speak.

Eric buddy, you deserve every cent of it. Thanks for introducing me to IBreathe and for all the great articles youve written so far!

For many more to come...

TK

P.S. Oh yeah, and Thanks for the great Vai bootleg:D !

Danster
11-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Hey for folks like me who are not aware that there is a world out there beyond US borders, I thought I'd give you the exchange rate between Euro's and US Dollars:

EURO USD
10 11.79
20 23.58
30 35.38
40 47.17
50 58.96
60 70.75
70 82.55
80 94.34
90 106.13
100 117.92

This is based on the rate PayPal is using as of 11/10/03 at 4:10 CST, which is $1 = 0.848 Euros.

Edit: The table didn't format so nicely, but perhaps you can see that 10 euros is $11.79, 20 euros is 23.58, etc.

Edit#2: Nice gesture Guni!

Guni
11-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks Danster - I actually forgot to add this link: Exchange Rates (http://www.xe.com)

G.

metaljustice83
11-12-2003, 04:16 AM
getting a pay pal account now

Guni
11-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Very nice post, ajdowton - I will let Eric know.

Guni
11-12-2003, 07:31 AM
The latest balance:

|-------|-->152
|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|

flathead
11-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Donation sent and thanks for starting this up. Please everyone who can, donate something, no matter how small. Heck, there are 1,765 forum members if everyone donated just FIFTY CENTS we could do it. Considering all EricV has contributed--- QUALITY articles, answers to your questions, tips, advice, etc-- ON HIS OWN TIME FOR FREE, its the least we can do.
(At least for me personally, if he did nothing else, the song he has posted at his site "Hidden Creek" is worth a donation. I love that song :) )

flathead
11-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Guni, do you think its a good idea to put something on the main page describing this crisis. Some people may be unaware of this thread. Just a thought.

CaptainCarma
11-12-2003, 01:44 PM
I want to donate some money , too, but I dont have a credit card. is there any other way to donate?

please guni, let me know.

Marc

metaljustice83
11-12-2003, 02:24 PM
yea I think it should somewhere more visible.

Koala
11-12-2003, 03:08 PM
1. I think this is a great idea Guni.
2. Send my best to Eric.
3. Getting paid friday, ill make my donation then.
4. Everyone who can, please donate even as little as you can, it is really worth it.
5. A link on the front page would make things easier for people who dont really know their way around the forums.
6. Does anyone have anything we can auction off at ebay? Anything you really dont use and couldnt really care about getting rid off, even if its cheap stuff...

metaljustice83
11-12-2003, 06:10 PM
definatly a good Idea koala, about auctioning something off. now its just a question of what?

could we maybe auction a advertisement on the front page off or somthing?? like some band could pay to have thier band advertised on a banner on the front page of the site?

Just a thought, I'm sure theres more to it than just that.
I'll keep my brain goin, and once my pay pal account is up, I'll donate some too

Guni
11-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Thanks to all of you for your efforts!!! It's damn cool ....
Originally posted by CaptainCarma
I want to donate some money , too, but I dont have a credit card. is there any other way to donate? Well, I'm new to Paypal myself .... I did a little bit of research:

You don't need a credit card for signing up nor for transfering money.

When ya sign up and Paypal asks for your credit card details just click on cancel (as it's optional) - you can then proceed to the next step in the signup process.

Under 'My Account' you can enter a cheque/check or savings bank account to fund your paypal account. Then you can make payments to a specific email address (I don't think you even have to fund your paypal account first - it should transfer funds directly).

PS: guni@planc.co.uk is the email address we use for the EricV PC Fund purposes.

PPS:Regarding making it more prominent on the site - let's see how things go over the next few days ... If contributions cease, we'll think about more visible ways to display it. I'd say we're doing pretty well for just over 24 hours. I hope this continues this way...

Guni
11-12-2003, 06:33 PM
The latest balance: Yeah, we've crossed the 200 euro margin, and are waiting on a few other payments to clear which should bring us up to around the 380 mark.

|-------|-------|->231

forgottenking2
11-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Man! That sucks about Eric! And I do think this is a nice gesture. I'll get paid on Friday I'll donate some money then, how does it work if the currecny is different? (Like American Dollars and what not?) And yeah if everyone using the resources in this site would contribute with a tiny bit (like one buck or so) we could buy Eric an awesome computer with some gear for recording and everything... I'll try and see what I can do.

Clive
11-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Cool idea to auction off a banner ad on e-bay! We'll see if we can set this up on ebay tomorrow morning.

Eric is really gonna get a kick outa all this !! ;-)

Clive

metaljustice83
11-12-2003, 10:33 PM
and if we get enough people to come to the site at that time, it'll be worth more. Because we can get more hits on it, if we have a date and time when we will get as many people to come to the site, and look at the ad's site, maybe they will be more interested. Or somthing allong those lines, some sort of assurance that alot of people will look at it

Guni
11-13-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Clive
Eric is really gonna get a kick outa all this !! ;-) He does!!! Just spoke to him on the phone and he doesn't know what to say anymore - deeply moved :D ...

Koala
11-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Damn...its really hard to believe people actually watch each others back anymore these days, but this is actually working...and most of us dont even know Eric. Ibreathe kicks serious ***!

Koala
11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Hey Guni n CLive, just thought up of something... how about auctioning an @ibreathemusic.com email accounts, im not sure but some people might want one or will be willing to have one. Or maybe, auction off a personal online lesson with Eric once hes back online?

Just some ideas,

Shaman_Santana
11-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Yeh man the '@ibreathemusic.com' email address sound cool - i'd definatly be interested in an auction for those. The lesson with Eric sounds good too, but im not really sure how that could be done online - i mean its kinda hard to have a personal lesson unless your sitting with someone with your guitar. I dunno, im sure someone could think of some way of doing it online though maybe. Its good to see the collection total speadily going up :).

flathead
11-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Damn...its really hard to believe people actually watch each others back anymore these days, but this is actually working...and most of us dont even know Eric. Ibreathe kicks serious ***!

It's a beautiful thing ain't it.

Regarding the online lessons it might be a hard thing to work out, but tell Eric I'd pay $100 bucks for a tab of "Hidden Creek"

Anubis
11-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Eric is very important to this site and has been extremely helpful so it was sad to read what happened to his computer.
Expect some donations from me in the middle of next week.
I also do some betting on horses every weekend and I really feel I will win this Saturday.
If I do I will buy new computers to all of you :D

Koala
11-14-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Anubis

If I do I will buy new computers to all of you :D

Keep your word there Anubis! LOL

Expect my donation soon as well, i kinda feel bad not to have done it already but gotta clear a couple things up first.

MadhatteR
11-14-2003, 02:05 AM
Hey everyone!

I think that helping Eric like this is a great gesture of kindness to a man who's given so much of himself to us all.

So, in addition to the money that is going to be given to him, I think we should start a special forum. In that forum, everyone who wants to write a little thank you to him for all of the help that he has given to us can do so, and Guni can print it out and give it to Eric when he gives the money. From what I know of Eric, this will mean more to him than the money will.

Guni, does Eric know what we're doing for him, or is this a suprise?

Anybody second this idea?

Koala
11-14-2003, 04:09 AM
Watch me seconding ya MH! :D ALthough i bet he probablly knows.

THis is getting BIG! LOL heres the EricV fund anthem,

(sing to the chorus of we are the world)

WERE IBM
WERE All ARYTHMIC
WE ARE THE ONES WHO NEED E-RIC RIGHT HERE
SO LETS START GIVING

A FEW HUNDRED EUROS
THATS ALL WE REALLY NEED
TO GET ERIC ONLINE AGAIN
SAVE ERIC V!

:)

metaljustice83
11-14-2003, 04:13 AM
NEW THREAD IBREATHE APPRECIATION THREAD!!! not every site would do this for anyone. we owe the rest of the ibreathe crew, and ourselves a pat on the back. Sign in I'm making the thread now.

metallibeast
11-14-2003, 04:53 AM
What's up?

Setting up my Paypal account....anyway met with a little setback....they started asking me for my bank and branch code which I absoultely have no idea what they are :mad: but once I get it I will send some money to help out Eric :)

-Beast

Guni
11-14-2003, 10:49 AM
The latest balance:
|-------|-------|-->241

Clive
11-14-2003, 01:12 PM
FYI: We're holding out on secondary plans (auctions etc) until mid next week when we expect more funds to come in, being payday for quite a few people and all ;-)!!

Clive

jchalas
11-15-2003, 05:25 AM
My donation is on its way. Thank you for setting this up for Eric. It means a lot to him and he is very grateful for everyone's kindness. Wouldn't it be great if enough were donated to outfit him with a printer as well?
Janice

P.S. Never mind the tab -- I'd settle for a copy of "Hidden Creek" and his other tunes on a CD. :D

Guni
11-15-2003, 10:37 AM
The latest balance:

Pending: 200 Euros

Completed Transactions:|-------|-------|--->251
0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000Many thanks to all of you who made a donation so far. We're getting there!

EricV
11-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey guys,
Im over at a friends house. Im just checking in, since my online time here is pretty limited.

I dont know what to say. Im completely stunned by this. I mean... its so amazing that you guys are really trying to help me out here.
When Guni told me about this, I was like "I wonder whether this is gonna work", but I had a good feeling about this anyway. And now it actually does seem to work out.
Just wanted to let ya know that I am extremely grateful, and Ido appreciate every single contribution.
A new computer will not only enable me to go back online and post at the forum and write new articles, Ill also finally be able to record again ( without data gettin glost or the computer crashing at the worst possible moment ), and so Ill be able to provide soundfiles for new articles, pictures thatll help to explain some techniques etc.
Anyway... its a great feel to see that you people care so much, and as I said, I am very very grateful.
Thanks so much, guys !!! ( And Guni and Clive... thanks for gettin gthis started... I owe you big time ! )
I hope to be back soon
Thanks and warm regards
Eric

Danster
11-15-2003, 05:34 PM
Hey Eric,
What goes around comes around, dude. You have been such a generous contributor of your knowledge to this site, I feel like I am indebted to you (literally). You are so damn humble and gracious too, that its just a pleasure to read your posts, even if I don't know what the hell you're talking about. You deserve every freakin' Euro that gets contributed through this effort.
Cheers,
Dan

forgottenking2
11-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Amen to that!! Eric you are like Guni stated the most important contributor to IBM... and I wish I could say more but I gotta go. Anyways, you deserve it Eric

Regards,

Cuno
11-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Alright i did it, Eric is the one that got me hooked to site to begin with when -- once upon a time, i did a search for 'picking technique' on google, and the ibreathe shortcut has never left my quick links bar since :)

loveguitar
11-16-2003, 02:29 AM
hey Eric, you have written numerous article and postings that benefit many of us. And what's most inspiring is your endless enthusiasm to music, that's really important.

Too bad I stay really far far far away from where you stay, or I would really like to see you perform live during all those jamfest you mentioned now and then.

Guni
11-17-2003, 07:54 AM
The latest balance:

Pending: 200 Euros

Completed Transactions:|-------|-------|--->266
0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000Thank you

Koala
11-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Eric, great to see you were online.....and....umm... shut up! You deserve it man! :)

Oceano
11-17-2003, 08:10 PM
It will be hard for me to contribute with money, as I have 2 and a half year old twins, and it seems that money just disapears.

However, I am still selling some of my guitar books and cd's, and would be more than happy to:

1- donate some books or cd's,: I could put my list up and on some items (if sold), the buyer could send the money to Eric directly, and I would ship the items to the buyer.

2- I could put my list up, and give a certain percentage of each item sold to Eric. Either a smaller percentage of a lot of items, or a larger percentage of fewer items.

I don't know, just an idea and if someone is interested, let me know.

Guni
11-18-2003, 10:08 AM
aaaaaa - more than a week without Eric!!! Dunno about you but I miss his work and we really gotta hurry up to bring him back online soon.

Things have slowed down in terms of donations, but we're really close! Not quite at the 800 we were hoping for, but I'm sure that the +- 500 raised already will go a long way in sorting him out with a computer.

I suggest we leave it going for the rest of this week and I'll then transfer the funds to him this weekend or first thing monday but I will discuss this with him on the phone today ...

The latest balance:

Pending: 50 Euros

Completed Transactions:|-------|-------|-------|-------|>416
Thank you

Guni
11-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Great News!!

We've received another generous donation. Well, it's kinda a sponsorship too thanks to Abi von Reininghaus who is a great musician, friend of Eric's and an ex teacher of mine.

Never thought I'd be writing this but, please visit our sponsors :D

Seriously, check out Abi's website at www.abi-r.com - he's a great musician. He recently opened up his own music school in Munich. If you live or find yourself in this area it'd be well worth checking out (more info at www.a-team-music.com )

The Latest balance:

Pending: 50 Euros

Completed Transactions:|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|>516

Thank you

Bongo Boy
11-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Hmmm...this DOES seem to be working quite well.

Did I happen to mention that yer ol' pal Bongo Boy desperately needs a new, high-performance German sports sedan? I'm thinking that, with my ugly face, a shiny black Z8 will be required in order to wow those young ones.

Whaddya say guys, can I count on you? It should only be about 130,000 Euros I figure. :D

Guni
11-20-2003, 03:54 PM
:D :D

The encouraging latest balance: All pending amounts have cleared so we're at 566 Euros.

This is really great guys! I had a chat with Eric on the phone. He contacted a shop close to him who will put together a PC, including monitor, etc... - for about 600 Euros ....

On Monday I will transfer the money we have raised, up until then, into Eric's account. If all works out as planned Eric will be back by the end of next week.

I hope he's used his offline time 'constructively' and will present us with some more great stuff ;) I mean, that was part of the deal, right ???? :D

Thanks so much to everyone for putting so much into this whole thing in spirit as well as hard currency. It's a real well deserved pat on the back for someone who really deserves it.

Guni

Koala
11-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Were , or at least Im not done donating yet....expect at least a little more!

Anubis
11-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Well guys as you know I promised you all new computers but I'm afraid you have to wait until next weekend ;)
More horse betting from my side will take place then.
This time I WILL win :D

A few minutes ago I did at least help Eric a bit on his way to a new computer :)
This site is great and Erics articles has been extremely helpful to me so it was the least thing I could do.
I felt a strong compassion for Eric when I read about what happened to his computer.
Earlier this year my computer crashed to.
I had to buy a new motherboard, hard drive, graphic card and some other stuff so I know what a pain it is especially these days when we use the computers so much.

EricV
11-21-2003, 07:56 AM
Hey guys,
logging in once again from a friends computer...
Id like to say "THANK YOU" once again ( definitely not the last time :) )... its tough for me to put into words what a feeling this is... to see that you guys care so much.
I feel honored by this, at the same time I hardly can find words to express what I feel, and Ill try to make up for it, people !
( I already have a lot of stuff worked out for more articles )
Thanks so much... I should be back for good soon !
Eric

metaljustice83
11-21-2003, 02:02 PM
hurry going through no new eric article withdrawl. Shakes in corner with prevous articles....HURRRY

J.K!!!!!!

hurry back.

forgottenking2
11-21-2003, 02:44 PM
We're all looking forward to your return Eric! And you deserve it, after working so hard for us it's the least we could do. I'd throw you a welcome party if we weren't so far away... (think you could come to Texas? :D ) I'll be looking forward to hearing from you in the forums and reading your articles.

Regards,

Jorge

Guni
11-27-2003, 08:48 AM
Ok, I've been a bit distracted up to now but today I tranfered the money we all raised into Eric's bank account. With close on 600 euros he will be able to get his new PC asap and we'll finally be able to welcome him back.

Again, thanks to all of you who made this possible - especially, those who went to quite some effort in getting their donations in.

Bowing in respect,

Guni

Guila
11-29-2003, 04:15 PM
I liked the money gathering to bring Eric back since for me he's the best IbreatheMusic article writer ever i learned a lot from him
i feel bad because i couldnt help because 1 euro is a lot of money here. (Brazil):(

Guni
12-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Latest update: Eric just told me that he'll be getting his new PC by this coming monday so he should be back online within a week. :D

Guni

Koala
12-02-2003, 02:51 PM
So how about that welcome back party huh? :)

forgottenking2
12-02-2003, 03:04 PM
oooh, that sounds cool. Whiskey anyone?

EricV
12-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Hey guys,

checking in from a friends computer once more...
Just to let ya know, I just talked to the guy wholl assemble a computer for me. Hell do that today, and hopefully I can go pick it up during the weekend... if not, Ill have it by mid of next week at the latest.
If everything works out, Ill be immediately able to log in to the web again.

Thanks again for this, guys, it means a lot. I cantreally put into words how I feel about this... Ill try tough once I have more online-time available :)
Thanks so much
EV

forgottenking2
12-05-2003, 02:43 PM
That's great, I'm looking forward to see you online again.

Koala
12-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey Eric! Hope youre back soon!

Ricky Garcia
12-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Eric rulz!:D Its so cool to see that you help out a great player!

Bongo Boy
12-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Koala
Hey Eric! Hope youre back soon! Hah! He's actually taken the Euros and run! Probably down at the pub now buying a round for half of Europe!!

metaljustice83
12-08-2003, 02:27 AM
I'm scared no eric articles for too long. :(

EricV
12-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Hey guys...

nope, didnt run off. It just took quite a while to transfer the money from PayPal to a regular banking account. Ill get it tonight, and the computer will be delivered tomorrow... well then setup every thing, and I should be back online tomorrow evening...
Ill posrt more details etc. then.
THANKS SO MUCH !
Eric

PS: YOu wont have to wait for new articles for too long, I actually did work a bit during my computer-hiatus ( the good ol pen and paper-methd ), so there should be a new one online soon...

EricV
12-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Hey guys,

just a quick post to let ya know whats going on.
First of all, the computer came in yesterday, and its up and running... its an Athlon 2400 ( whew ), 80 GB harddrive, CD-R drive etc.
Basically, a killer-machine. My buddy Patrick managed to take the money and get the best value possible out of it... he assembled it and chose the components.
So I can now start working on articles, songs and soundfiles for ibreathe again, which Ill do tonight.. currently Im installing the software I need, hooking everything up etc.
Unfortunately, there still is a small problem when it comes to logging on to the web, I need some extra info, a certain cable, and some time to get this fixed ( Configuring the router etc. ), but I hope to have this fixed by friday at the latest.

I thank you guys for the support, for this help. It means so much, and it actually is a big help for me in general, since it enables me to record again etc.
Ill be back soon, and then I have to catch up on all the threads I missed ( oh gee ), and therell be some new things I came up with...
Thanks !
Eric

Bongo Boy
12-11-2003, 05:02 AM
It was a blast helping out, and it was fun watching the iBreathe Collective get in there and Just Do It. I know a lot of members look forward to your articles and so on, but speaking for myself at least, expectations of Output is not what made this little project motivating. I really think it was 'giving back' to what has already been done, not making a down payment on future contributions.

At least that's the way I look at it. It was just good fun.

Koala
12-11-2003, 05:58 AM
i absolutely agree with Bongo, it was definitely worth it all watching the community here getting together to help out. I must admit i feel ****ty for not having chipped in but my countrys economy is in sorta a hard spot and my money just devalues more every day for the past month, so just turning anything into foreign currency kinda fs it up. (i must add i have a hefty debt in dollars now so ...you get the idea)I dont want this to look like im putting up excuses....even tho i am. But thats really the way things are going now....

Anyway, im glad Erics got his new puter, but now hes gotta give er a ladies name! i say we should call er IBMette or somn lol...whats more if erics up to it ill be glad to take in name suggestions and set up a poll for them... how bout that?

EricV
12-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Ok, one problem popped up... which will be taken care of during the upcoming weekend.
In order to go online, I had to get a router, since we only have one DSL-connection in the house. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get this to work at all, and none of my friends knows about this stuff.
It was quite a frustrating experience, and I spent pretty much all friday to get this to work, to no avail.
Anyway, I really need to get back online, so on the weekend, Ill pick up a broadband modem from a good friend of mine, and will use that to go online on Sunday or so.
It wont be quite as fast, but it doesnt matter, since Im kinda fed up with all that router-business, and the main-thing for me is to go online any way I can.
( I kinda feel bad since the computer has been running for about a week and Im still not back at the forums !!! Sorry ! )

I did make good use of the time, though... I recorded a whole new song, which I am very happy with... lots of double-tracked guitars and stuff. Ill put that online ASAP.
Also working on a bunch of new articles, and a whole new project for ibreathe.
Stay tuned, thanks again, and sorry for the delay ! Will be back soon
Warm regards
Eric

Koala
12-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Well be waitin!

forgottenking2
12-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Take your time Budy. (Not too long though :D )

Schooligo
12-15-2003, 09:13 PM
"expectations of Output is not what made this little project motivating. I really think it was 'giving back' to what has already been done, not making a down payment on future contributions."

BongoBoy, that is so what I wanted to emphasize!!!

In fact prior to your post I had written a much longer comment Stating exactly this but in a much more "lengthy winded" way! :)

but with distractions had not posted it yet

I look forward to having EricV back as a Contributing member of this community!!!

EricV
12-16-2003, 11:04 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by flathead

Regarding the online lessons it might be a hard thing to work out, but tell Eric I'd pay $100 bucks for a tab of "Hidden Creek"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, man I am glad you like the tune that much.
Heres a very basic TAB of the song, without lead-guitar ( I only tabbed the main-melody ). The piano-intro was arranged for a guitar... actually, I wrote that intro on an acoustic guitar.
In the TAB you can see the intro, the chords for the "verses" ( basically A-F#m ), "chorus" ( over a static D-pedal ) and the solos ( when the key changes to C#min temporarily )...
It would take quite a while to TAB the lead-guitar correctly... much of it was improvised anyway ( and if you compare the live-version to the original one, youll hear that I improvise a lot live, too ), and the slow melodies should be easy to figure out ( key of A Major )... maybe Ill do a complete TAB one day.
Thanks so much for listening !
Warm regards
Eric

PS: Forget about the $100, will ya ?

Bongo Boy
12-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Schooligo
In fact prior to your post I had written a much longer comment Stating exactly this but in a much more "lengthy winded" way! :)
I can't believe you have the audacity to claim that you can be more long-winded than me!!! How dare you? :D :D